Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old December 4th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I am trying to make some sample powers because there are some powers that are common to particular setting. I want a power to have a Flaw bootstrapped to it. However I cannot get it to work.

Alternately this idea could also be used to create "races", where a given sample power is actually the race modifications for a given character. This is possible to do with other rules sets for Hero Lab, so it is not impossible.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 7th, 2012, 02:53 PM
As in you want it automatically added, and therefore editable through adding and removing flaws, or do you just want the cost accounted for?

As for races, my understanding is that every system is built a little differently, and M&M never had that kind of template built into it, although one can jury-rig a number of things in.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old December 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I want to be able to add a sample power that I create through the editor. That sample power would have levels, flaws, and extras already added to it.
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old December 11th, 2012, 09:42 AM
At least in the case of the Savage Worlds data set, adding things to a given design works through the bootstrapping option. I have looked at the Alternate Forms. While they do not give specific levels, they do at least select the appropriate item. This is in the Gizmo part, and has bootstraps there. While it will not simply plug in the values, it does at least select the "whats" for you. It saves you from a bit of effort.

At this point I am thinking that this is the closest that we can get to a sort of "racial template". That is unless someone else has a better understanding that they would like to share.

I would guess that it works this way as any additional steps would need to be programmed into the M&M data program to incorporate templates. It probably has effects in multiple equations, which means that it is not a simple and easy fix. And being that M&M is a smaller market, it is not worth the efffort at this time. Maybe I can do it after I get farther into my Computer Science degree. I would do it for free, as it would give me practice AND it would be worthwhile to my own uses.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote