Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

darkhero03

Old December 31st, 2012, 05:06 PM
I have thought of a new power for a character, but don't know how to go about it. The power is the ability to give others temp super powers and sometimes give them permanently. You are unable to control what powers are given or how long they last. Any idea's out there, I am at a loss. I could use some help with this. Thanks.
darkhero03 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:37 AM
You'll probably get better answers off of the Atomic Think Tank, since this place is devoted to Hero Lab itself, but that's essentially Variable (Affects Others, Limit: No control over powers granted). Note that the powers go away once you stop concentrating, you have a limit on how many people you can affect, and most GMs will get a little annoyed at how it's basically a power that makes them do all of the work when you invoke it.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
darkhero03

Old January 4th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the help. This power is for an NPC.
darkhero03 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Ah. In that case, it's usually just a handwave. If someone develops powers as a general consequence of plot, BAM they've got powers. If it happens in the middle of a battle because you want the PCs to have a bit more of a challenge, hand out an HP for the battle suddenly getting a lot tougher against them, at least if you feel that it seriously affects them.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote