Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JustinThomason

Old December 21st, 2014, 08:59 AM
I've just started up Paizo's Kingmaker adventure path (wilderness exploration/kingdom building).

As part of the background at the start, and most probably more intwined as the campaign progresses, I'm building up a wide array of political factions that the PCs will have varying degrees of interaction with - eventually hoping for a Game of Thrones sort of vibe.

Basically there are five Major Houses and each of those houses have multiple (6-12) Minor Houses that are sworn to them. Right now I'm detailing each House as a Government group (or whatever the default topic type is - it has the little Roman forum looking building icon). I'm planning on using the Relationship connections to chart the public and private attitudes of the different houses.

My big problem right now is trying to make some sort of hierarchy that makes sense and keeps everything somewhat neat. I'm thinking maybe group lists, but I could also see just making the Major Houses the containers for their associated Minor Houses.

I also need to figure out how best to handle all the NPCs that will be associated with the various Houses. I've got some cast lists, but they seem too separated from the group lists.

Any ideas welcome. At this point, I've not done much more than create the topics, so now is the time to make the changes in the organization.

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by JustinThomason; December 21st, 2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Clarity
JustinThomason is offline   #1 Reply With Quote