Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Stoakley

Old December 15th, 2016, 10:03 AM
I love what you are doing with realm works but there is one feature that would really help out my group. We are creating a shared world where we all take turns GMing our own areas of the planet. I would like to be able to invite additional gamemasters. The "role" drop down box implies that this is on your radar but can you give me or point me to more info?
Stoakley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 15th, 2016, 10:54 AM
We don't really know how long it will be till this will happen.

However we expect to be able to share realms within the next month which should allow for a group of GM's to share a realm as long as only one adds content at a time.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 15th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
However we expect to be able to share realms within the next month which should allow for a group of GM's to share a realm as long as only one adds content at a time.
I'm fairly sure that this would be very cumbersome using export/import all the time; and at some point the GMs will get out of sync with each other.
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 15th, 2016, 05:25 PM
This has been requested and discussed in the past. There is no known ETA and no indication that it will be in the works within the next year.
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 15th, 2016, 10:09 PM
If the GMs each develop independent spaces of the world, export/import should work. If GMs are reaching into all the same spaces, it would require lots of discipline across all GMs. So it might not be a practical solution. It really depends...
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old December 15th, 2016, 10:13 PM
+1
Generally speaking, I would love to have this feature.

But for now the export/import feature will certainly suffice for me.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old January 18th, 2017, 02:56 AM
+1

This would be a great feature!

My first idea for a workaround would have been to just give your login to the second GM, but if he/she is already a RW user, that would only work with a reinstall as RW ties itself to the windows account afaik. Not really practical.
Merion is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 18th, 2017, 06:02 AM
I don't see this as practical. Remember the module market is about one fifth the already small adventure game. Sharing GMs further reduces that since now multiple GMs can share content. There would have to be a way that each GM would have to own the module material in use.
Bidmaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old January 18th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
I don't see this as practical. Remember the module market is about one fifth the already small adventure game. Sharing GMs further reduces that since now multiple GMs can share content. There would have to be a way that each GM would have to own the module material in use.
Good point!

Personally I usually build my own world and adventures and only integrate some pre-made stuff here and there. So naturally I thought about people from the same group using this to create a world together and as the already played through the existing content in the realm, this would be no concern.
But you're right, this could be used to exploit and re-use bought content in several group by multiple GMs.
On the other hand, this can also be done by just passing the login info or maybe by export? Haven't played around with that new feature but I expect a safeguard to be built in for that.
Merion is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old January 18th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Exports are safeguarded for IP
Bidmaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote