Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DwarvenWiz

Old November 15th, 2016, 11:25 AM
I cannot reiterate how strong the market is for this product. Do some testing. I have 5 people in my game group on limited income that all own Android tablets/devices and 4/5 already have some version of Herolabs purchased. They would buy it again if it were in Android. You have almost your entire existing customer base that uses Android devices (do a poll) and would quickly purchase.
DwarvenWiz is offline   #221 Reply With Quote
ShadowDrakken

Old December 19th, 2016, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiqsilver View Post
The current Hero Lab app looks completely out of place on a Mac or iOS.
To be fair, the current UI looks out of place in Windows too. It's just an ugly awful mess. It looks like a remnant from the Windows 3.11 and early Windows 95 days before official UX standards became a thing.
ShadowDrakken is offline   #222 Reply With Quote
kwiqsilver

Old December 19th, 2016, 10:30 AM
This thread is approaching four years. It would be nice for somebody from Lone Wolf to respond to it. They could at least let us know that they're working on an Android version, planning an Android version, or continuing to ignore Android.
kwiqsilver is offline   #223 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old December 19th, 2016, 02:04 PM
I sadly have given up hope.
AndrewD2 is offline   #224 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 19th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Since Lone Wolf has said that an updated UI is in the works, I wouldn't expect to hear anything further about Android before that happens.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #225 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old December 21st, 2016, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiqsilver View Post
This thread is approaching four years. It would be nice for somebody from Lone Wolf to respond to it. They could at least let us know that they're working on an Android version, planning an Android version, or continuing to ignore Android.
They have responded - it's just been a couple years.
Fuzzy is offline   #226 Reply With Quote
Lifebinder

Old February 8th, 2017, 09:42 AM
They just released HL 8.0 on 2017-01-25. It would have been nice if they could have least given Android a shout out - "hey, we haven't forgotten about you! Thanks for being patient" or something.
Lifebinder is offline   #227 Reply With Quote
ieshadover

Old March 5th, 2017, 12:52 PM
I really find the lack of android support is making Hero Labs more and more obsolete for me. For example I rolled up my 1st v5 character with hero labs but in the first gaming session learns of an android app that did a really good job of creating the character and updating it. It even allowed saving off so I could import into other android devices.

This being said if you can't make a version of hero lab android to at least allows the user to effectively pull up the character and add updates and/or notes how will you stay relevant in the market place? I understand first getting into the mobile market ipad was more stable and you have plenty of the RPG culture there. But at the end of the day more use android, for every 1 ipad any given group I hang with I will have at least 4 Android if not more. And it has been YEARS since you first run at ipad.

You recently talked of raising prices, but to be honest if you had stayed with the market instead of just costing with 1/5 of it you most likely wouldn't have had to raise the price on anything. Or at least when you did, you'd be looking at a lot more money.

It has been years now, it is time to up your game and stay relevant.

Last edited by ieshadover; March 5th, 2017 at 12:54 PM.
ieshadover is offline   #228 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 5th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Quote:
We want to bring Hero Lab to those who don’t already have it, add the bells and whistles others have been requesting, and in general provide you a more efficient experience with an already amazing tool.
They are up to something it would appear. There has been mention of a UI update that's in the works. Fingers crossed it's something that gives us better access to the tool.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #229 Reply With Quote
kwiqsilver

Old March 11th, 2017, 11:07 PM
They're looking for a new developer for building an interactive web app:
http://www.wolflair.com/about-us/jobs/developer-1701/

So it looks like they're moving to a web based version of Hero Lab.
kwiqsilver is offline   #230 Reply With Quote