Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old November 27th, 2016, 03:30 PM
I use the in-play tab while gaming on Roll20, and the printed sheet while playing in person.

Regarding the logic that it has to be checked as being used, it seems that we disagree. By your logic the Trademark Weapon bonus should only show up while the weapon is active. I guess I am not seeing the point, it seems irrelevant to me. Pathfinder does not do it that way, either.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 29th, 2016, 09:30 AM
No.
I am using the current release version for this test, NOT my development version. Verified.
We have not heard back from the OP about whether he knew about the In-Play tab checkbox.

It's the difference between what is currently active for the Tac Console to pay attention to, versus what the printed sheet displays. I don't use the Tac Console for Pathfinder so I am not familiar with it. And Pathfinder does handle it on the printed sheet, each weapon displays the stats for having that weapon equipped on the printed sheet. I am thinking that the Tac Console would need to know which one was currently active. Tac Console users, am I wrong on this?
You don't get the bonus if that's not the weapon being used.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd

Last edited by CapedCrusader; November 29th, 2016 at 09:40 AM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 29th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Seeley, are you sure it's not something in your code that's messing with it? If I set it up selecting nothing other than the Fantasy Companion on a new character, add Stealth, add a Custom Magic Ring with Stealth at +2 then check the box on the Equipment side to Equip the ring followed by going to the In-Play tab and checking the box to Activate it I see a +2 bonus on my Stealth. So it seems to work just as CC says.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 29th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Hah, the key words are "In the In-Play tab".

I had not used magical items in my online group, which is the only time that I had used that tab. I had thought that it was if the item was equipped, like the way that other things work. It turns out that it shows up in the In-Play tab whether it is checked or not.

I was thinking over my mods and trying to figure out what would affect it. I have only started using the magical items within the past few months.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old November 29th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Also, it is worth noting that it does not always show up immediately. It has to wait for a calculation to be made so that it can go through the timing again. I found that in some tests it seemed to work better if I saved the character first and then opened it again.

SeeleyOne is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 29th, 2016, 05:24 PM
It has to be that way, because you can be wearing a ring (for example), and not have it activated. Since you are limited by most games on how many rings you can wear at once, we have to track wearing it and having it activated separately.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
IMoriarty

Old November 29th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Hey All, Sorry to leave you hanging.

No, I was not aware of the In-Play checkbox needing to be activated, and have fixed that, but I did manage to replicate that the bonus doesn't appear until a calculation is made - I forced it by saving and opening the character again.

A little odd, but hey it works.

Thanks all!

~I
IMoriarty is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 30th, 2016, 05:00 AM
Yeah, the In-Play activation checkboxes were something to get used to when I first started using HL, but to be honest I think they are really useful in many situations. In the case of something like this where you have a magic ring, if the trappings on that ring are that you have to, say, speak the "Words of Power"(tm) to activate it then I find it really helpful to leave the box unchecked for when I haven't activated it, or it's REALLY useful for something like the Super Powers Companion when your character gets Leeched or has powers in devices that are not always available or that could get taken from them. Being able to uncheck those powers so you can revert the view back to what the character's underlying stats are without that Super Fighting (and the calculated bonus it added to Parry), or what have you, can be really helpful. At any rate that's why I mentioned earlier the usefulness of having to both equip and activate things, even if it isn't always intuitive to realize what's happening at first glance.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; November 30th, 2016 at 05:04 AM.
zarlor is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old November 30th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Yeah, the In-Play activation checkboxes were something to get used to when I first started using HL, but to be honest I think they are really useful in many situations.
I've really wished I had something like it for the D&D 4e system.
Paragon is offline   #19 Reply With Quote