Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Illyahr

Old May 27th, 2019, 07:43 AM
For some reason, Regional traits are allowing you to select a bootstrapped Regional feat and also giving you a bonus feat. They need to do one or the other, not both. I looked at the coding of the traits and it seems the system itself is providing the bonus feat.
Illyahr is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 28th, 2019, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
For some reason, Regional traits are allowing you to select a bootstrapped Regional feat and also giving you a bonus feat. They need to do one or the other, not both. I looked at the coding of the traits and it seems the system itself is providing the bonus feat.
I'm not seeing this. Can you give me an example of one?
Sendric is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old May 28th, 2019, 04:17 PM
I created an elf with The Yuirwood trait. It allows you to select a bonus feat, which it then assigns via bootstrap. However, it also gives you an extra feat to select one of the listed feat
Illyahr is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 29th, 2019, 03:34 AM
Quote:
I created an elf with The Yuirwood trait. It allows you to select a bonus feat, which it then assigns via bootstrap. However, it also gives you an extra feat to select one of the listed feat
Ok, so for the Yuirwood trait, remove the line of code that says:

Code:
herofield[tFeats].value += 1
When bootstrapping bonus feats it's not necessary to increase feat totals. I'll look more closely at the traits to see if there's a conditional need to increase feats when taking this trait.

Edit: I see now why I wasn't seeing the problem before. The scripting requires the character to be of the appropriate race before filling in the feat options (which is kind of weird actually since the trait already requires a race). In addition, it appears taking a regional feat isn't required even if you choose a region. Ideally, this would be handled through a different mechanism but that's not possible through the d20 system at this time. I'll need to make some changes to these traits, but I'll try to do so with the least amount of impact possible.

Last edited by Sendric; May 29th, 2019 at 04:07 AM.
Sendric is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 12th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Minor core issues:

1) There are 2 10 minute casting time tags applied to core spells. Only need one (Minute10 appears to be preferred).

2) No description for Shadowdancer Prestige Class.
Sendric is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old June 12th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Ok, psionics are irritating me to no end. Anyone mind if I tackle Expanded Psionics Handbook as my next project? Basically everything in there needs to be worked on and the power list needs to have the descriptions filled in properly
Illyahr is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 13th, 2019, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Ok, psionics are irritating me to no end. Anyone mind if I tackle Expanded Psionics Handbook as my next project? Basically everything in there needs to be worked on and the power list needs to have the descriptions filled in properly
Yea, psionics are a mess. It's definitely on my list, but if you want to take that on don't let me stop you.
Sendric is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old June 13th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Yea, psionics are a mess. It's definitely on my list, but if you want to take that on don't let me stop you.
I keep trying to build options around psionics stuff. Races of Eberron has alternates that modify abilities that can't actually work if replaced as stated.

I think I actually have to do XPH first before I finish RoE, it's that borked

Last edited by Illyahr; June 16th, 2019 at 07:03 PM.
Illyahr is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old June 16th, 2019, 07:04 PM
I can do replacement things for feats/powers/premade class abilities but apparently XPH is core and can't be accessed so I can't attach the filler upgrade abilities. If I post the modifier file here, can the abilities be attached properly?
Illyahr is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old June 17th, 2019, 04:17 AM
Quote:
I can do replacement things for feats/powers/premade class abilities but apparently XPH is core and can't be accessed so I can't attach the filler upgrade abilities. If I post the modifier file here, can the abilities be attached properly?
Send me what you have, and let me know what you need. I'll see if I can figure something out.
Sendric is offline   #90 Reply With Quote