Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Las Vegas Game Master

Old November 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Ok got the new update, put it in, did the files on top.

If I have a RED complaince diamond it crashes trying to save. This was a time consuming oops as it trashes the por file.

Any suggestions?

Win7 32bit
Patched full.
Las Vegas Game Master is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Anything you can tell us about the character you were trying to create? This doesn't happen when I try to save a blank character, so it has to be something particular to the character you're creating.

Do you have other characters available that you can open, change something so that it's invalid, and try saving? That would test whether it's specific to the character you were trying to build.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Las Vegas Game Master

Old November 17th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I was working on an existing Portfolio with 5 party members - 2 had reds because of glitches with reinbcarnated characters. It failed o save then HL just exited.

Reopended the file it was now trashed.

Recreated the character from a printout, and went to save crash. Created a nEW character made sure it had a validation error and did same thing.

I had no issues prior to last patch.
Las Vegas Game Master is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 17th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I need to know more about these characters before I can help - you haven't told me much about them, so I can't recreate the circumstances that caused the crash.

Just curious, when you re-created them, did you go through the re-incarnation steps, changing the race, or did you just select the new races and go from there?

When you re-create the characters, I would recommend creating them one at a time, in separate portfolios - that way, you can narrow down which of those characters causes the crash, and then it'll be easier to narrow down what about that character causes the crash.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Las Vegas Game Master

Old November 17th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I took the active portfolio and changed the race. I did not start from scratch.

However it does not matter any charascter with a validation error crashes HL if I try to save.
Las Vegas Game Master is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2011, 11:29 AM
What if you create a totally new character, then try to save it - does that cause a crash?

Try the following: Go to the License menu and choose Reactivate License. Follow the wizard through to the end and let Hero Lab restart. Once you restart, does the problem still occur?
Colen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Las Vegas Game Master

Old November 18th, 2011, 10:07 PM
If the new char has no validation errors, it saves, any validation errors and crashes. Have same issue printing if a validation error exists.

What is weird my 64bit machines have no issue, its my two 32bit machines.
Las Vegas Game Master is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 19th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Try going to the License menu and choosing Reactivate License. Follow the wizard through to the end and let Hero Lab restart. Once you restart, does the problem still occur?
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Las Vegas Game Master

Old November 20th, 2011, 08:08 AM
I tried that. Same error. Im going to uninstall and renstall, maye somehing got hosed. ike I said weir for the 32bit machines to fail but he 64's work. Normally its the other direction with 3rd arty applications.
Las Vegas Game Master is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 21st, 2011, 10:43 PM
Let me know if the reinstall works - it's possible (although unlikely) that something got corrupted on your installs.
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote