Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dior

Old January 25th, 2018, 02:17 PM
I have created the Gods in my new pantheon - can I get them to show up in the list as the top pantheon to select and can I have them under a heading of the pantheons name?

Dior
Dior is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 25th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Your question and answer 100% depends on the game system you did this in. Its always best to ask in the game specific HL forum to get the best answers.

Can let us know which game system and mod can move this thread.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dior

Old January 26th, 2018, 05:43 PM
Pathfinder RPG Sorry for being in the wrong place.

Question about New Deity - this god will grant the feat Turn undead - to the clergy only of course. there are a few other things that I would like to add as the cleric/priest gains level, can you guys and gals help me with where this would go in the newly created god's editor and how it should be written. for reference I planed that the new cleric would gain the feat Turn Undead upon selecting this deity
at 1st lvl gain 1 hit point per lvl
1oth lvl gain the fighters base attack bonus - in place of the cleric BAB
15th lvl gain cast wizard spells as a wizard 1/5 the cleric level

thanx for the input and help
Dior

Last edited by Dior; January 26th, 2018 at 06:53 PM.
Dior is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dior

Old January 27th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Woo hoo
watched an old video about Boot Strapping and managed to bootstrap the turn undead feat to the deity with the condition you have the Cleric class.

Boot Strap: fTurnUnd
Condition: (count:Classes.Cleric >=1)

on to learn more about the next step

Dior
Dior is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 27th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dior View Post
Pathfinder RPG Sorry for being in the wrong place.

Question about New Deity - this god will grant the feat Turn undead - to the clergy only of course. there are a few other things that I would like to add as the cleric/priest gains level, can you guys and gals help me with where this would go in the newly created god's editor and how it should be written. for reference I planed that the new cleric would gain the feat Turn Undead upon selecting this deity
at 1st lvl gain 1 hit point per lvl
1oth lvl gain the fighters base attack bonus - in place of the cleric BAB
15th lvl gain cast wizard spells as a wizard 1/5 the cleric level

thanx for the input and help
Dior
Sorry didn't see this get moved to Pathfinder.

If this was me I would make the above be an archetype. An archetype does not have to replace abilities it instead just "add" abilities. It would be easier to make the abilities gained at X level be new class abilities gained to the cleric.

Then what you can do is put a "pre-req" script on the deity that says if Cleric class found and no archetype of deity added then show a warning message.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2018, 01:17 PM
The first two things are doable in an archetype (the second is really simple with an archetype - it's just a single choice in a dropdown on the archetype page in the editor), but adding a second type of spellcasting to an existing class is something that's never appeared in an official 3.5 or Pathfinder class, so hacking that is going to be very complex.

The best route is probably to make the character's race into a racial spellcaster.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dior

Old January 27th, 2018, 01:34 PM
I don't Believe this was moved to the Pathfinder Specific topic, heck I don't even know you could do that.
thank you very much for your help. (opps I also misspelled Pantheon)
I am wanting to delve in to my home brew campaign and I am sure to have a million questions. should this topic be moved , restarted ?

Moving to make this an Archetype is it possible to delete or edit tags such as Product ID tags or Languages tags? - the Language that I used for one of my Languages showed up and I did not know that the Abbreviation is what would show in the Language list.

thanks a million
Dior
Dior is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Dior

Old January 27th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The first two things are doable in an archetype (the second is really simple with an archetype - it's just a single choice in a dropdown on the archetype page in the editor), but adding a second type of spellcasting to an existing class is something that's never appeared in an official 3.5 or Pathfinder class, so hacking that is going to be very complex.

The best route is probably to make the character's race into a racial spellcaster.
To do this should I make a brand new home brew race or is it possible to make the new spellcasting some thing that can be added to any existing race?

Thanx
Dior
Dior is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Any race already can be a spellcaster, but since that's only designed to be built in from the start, and it's also tied to the HD of a race (and most PC races have no HD), that's going to take some work to rebuild, in order to modify whatever race is added to the character to only gain spellcasting at a later level, and then control the effective magic level. Also, I'm not even sure if racial spellcasting like a wizard supports spellbooks, since I'm not sure if there are any spellcasting races that use spellbooks.

So basically, you're asking for a highly advanced scripting task for your very first project.

The first step would be to study the drider race (the new version you get when choosing a race, not the obsoleted version you'll still see if you pull one from the encounter builder) - they use racial custom specials to add spellcasting to the race - figure out how that works.

At the top right of an editor tab, see all those buttons? Tags is probably highlighted on your language one, or wherever you've used Product Identity - click on it, explore what's shown there.

Last edited by Mathias; January 27th, 2018 at 01:53 PM.
Mathias is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old January 27th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Quote:
I don't Believe this was moved to the Pathfinder Specific topic, heck I don't even know you could do that.
This thread is now withing the Pathfinder forum which is the correct place.

Quote:
should this topic be moved , restarted ?
Nope all is good now!

Quote:
Moving to make this an Archetype is it possible to delete or edit tags such as Product ID tags or Languages tags?
Yes. You need to find where you defined the tag. In example assuming its on the language Thing click on the language in the editor. Then in the top RIGHT side of the editor is a blue button called "Tags". You can manually edit any tags in the new window.

I would also recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos. Welcome to the wonderful world of using the HL editor which will be the most frustrating and rewarding thing you can do with Hero Lab.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote