Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 25th, 2017, 07:38 AM
I'm getting index out of range errors when attempting to view damage history, with a reference to the DamageInfo procedure/subroutine. Doesn't give me an option to send an error report, it just pops up the window, but continues to operate HL normally.

You can recreate this error just by clicking on the question mark in the In-Play tab that records the damage history.
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 25th, 2017, 08:59 AM
I have to assume you are talking about 3.5? Should really report game specific issues in the game section forum. I am just guessing based on the fact that you normally run 3.5 games.

I just tried to duplicate the issue and I everything is working fine for me.

a) Have you tested without any .user files being active?
b) Can you email me a .por file that is doing this?

Thanks

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 25th, 2017, 09:22 AM
I was in a .user file. Yeah, my 3.5 stuff, just thought it might be overall console issue.

I was doing this with any of my portfolios active, so I don't think it is related to a specific portfolio.

Opened with no .user file and ran tactical console with this not causing any issues. Damage history displays fine without error. So it is just me.

I will have to review my .user file and see if it is something with it, but I don't recall doing anything with the DamageInfo or damage history that is reported. But... I have done some things with the Tactical Console, and I may have inadvertently did something in the past that worked fine, but recent updates to HeroLab may have caused issues with.

You may ignore, as I believe this is just me, and I'll have to work out what I did.

Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 25th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Bad news for you good news for me! I was wracking my brain trying to think what I could have done to break that part of d20.

You may need to do a bit of trial and error to narrow down the cause. If you figure it out let me know. "Maybe" something could be better protected in the core files to prevent the issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 25th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Well, it appears to be hero related, not portfolio specific. Some heroes in a portfolio work fine, others do not. I've just been clicking on random ones and finding the bad ones.

I'm not sure about what is causing it though. Most of them are imports or copies, but doesn't seem to be applied consistently. It might still just be me though, so I'm going to continue testing and see if I can figure out how to break it in a repeatable fashion.

Just an FYI for the time being.
Kendall-DM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 25th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Ok thanks. If you can find how to always repeat the issue without any .user files let me know. Please include the exact steps to duplicate and I can take a look maybe next weekend.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
derf_red

Old May 6th, 2017, 02:37 AM
I have the same problem. In several of my files I can't access the damage history anymore. If I hit the 'undo last damage' button, it works fine, though.
I've included a file where this happens. Add some damage, it appears in the damage history.
Then save and reopen and the damage history is empty.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DamageHistoryBug.por.zip (58.2 KB, 0 views)
derf_red is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old December 27th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Good find, derf_red.

I've been able to repeat this problem. Seems as soon as you save off an active tactical console mid-battle, when you re-load the same portfolio the damage history for everything in the battle is missing and "index out of range" errors occur. As long as you are in the same session in which you record the damage, you can see the damage, but it disappears upon saving the portfolio AND re-loading it.
Kendall-DM is offline   #8 Reply With Quote