Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Illyahr

Old February 20th, 2018, 08:06 AM
A little complicated, but trying to get Dragonmarks from Eberron to work. Used the Martial Study feat as a base for the scripting but gets access to the whole list instead of a single ability. Here's where it all falls down:

Code:
perform hero.child[fLeaDraMrC].field[fChosen].chosen.assign[AllowCust.discs]
"discs" was assigned earlier in another script and then forwarded, but this script crashes he system. Any suggestions?
Illyahr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 20th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
A little complicated, but trying to get Dragonmarks from Eberron to work. Used the Martial Study feat as a base for the scripting but gets access to the whole list instead of a single ability. Here's where it all falls down:

Code:
perform hero.child[fLeaDraMrC].field[fChosen].chosen.assign[AllowCust.discs]
"discs" was assigned earlier in another script and then forwarded, but this script crashes he system. Any suggestions?
Hmm....looks like you are trying to assign a tag to the chosen thing. Can't say I've ever tried that, but I suspect HL doesn't like it (though it probably shouldn't crash). In general, you pull things *from* a chosen item, not the other way around.

My suggestion would be to pull the thingid from the chooser, then use that to assign the tag.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old February 20th, 2018, 09:48 AM
How would I go about doing that? I got it to select a thing and a helper feat to select a class. The original pulls tags from the thing and forwards them to the helper, I just need the helper to assign the thing to the selected class

Otherwise I have to do a series of if/then lines

Last edited by Illyahr; February 20th, 2018 at 10:06 AM.
Illyahr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 20th, 2018, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
How would I go about doing that? I got it to select a thing and a helper feat to select a class. The original pulls tags from the thing and forwards them to the helper, I just need the helper to assign the thing to the selected class

Otherwise I have to do a series of if/then lines
Something like this should work:

Code:
var drgnmark as string

drgnmark = field[fChosen].chosen.idstring
drgnmark = "thingid." & drgnmark

foreach pick in hero from BaseSpec where drgnmark
  perform each.assign[AllowCust.discs]
nexteach
That's off the top of my head, so you might have to play around with it some more. If you can't get it working, give me some more details of what exactly you are trying to do, and I can refine it or maybe come up with something that doesn't need a foreach loop.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote