Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Warmonger
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 20th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to use an extension file to override an options description. I'm thinking it might be done with the extlink, but can not get it to work. Help!
Warmonger is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2006, 12:49 PM
When you define an option, it's description is fixed. When you define a link to that option, you can override the description within the link. However, there is no way to directly modify the description for an option based on global tags (like you can with entities).

There are three ways to solve this situation, but none are all that great. The first method is to have two separate options, each with a separate description. The second method is to change the description within the link. The third method would be to fake the override condition. In this method, you would have two separate options, each with a separate description, and each would have a Live tagexpr controlling when it applied. You would then has a single "master" option that was hidden and had an "auto" link nature. This master option would then chain to both of the different options. For a given unit, you would only assign the master option, then the appropriate chained optoin would be correctly used based on the context of the situation.

-Rob

At 10:09 AM 3/20/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to use an extension file to override an options description. I'm thinking it might be done with the extlink, but can not get it to work. Help!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote