Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old May 11th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
I feel kind of out of the loop. For downloading the work you gents have been plugging away at, we still use the link in the original post at the beginning of this thread, correct?
When starting herolabs at the source window:
Click on Find Updates > Add Source > New Source and paste the following link.

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml

I believe this is the most up to date version of the community files. I am sure there is a post somewhere in this mess with more detailed instructions.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #211 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 11th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
When starting herolabs at the source window:
Click on Find Updates > Add Source > New Source and paste the following link.

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml

I believe this is the most up to date version of the community files. I am sure there is a post somewhere in this mess with more detailed instructions.
You are 100% correct and that is the short quick info to the answer. Otherwise the First Post has the full details including a PDF with setup instructions with pictures.

We had posts in this forum, posts in the installer, and Colen I am sure even did a notice in the Wolf Lair newsletter for when the URL changed. That is all the places we did to try and make sure to let everyone know.

Our new servers allow for bigger growth and unlimited data per month. So we shouldn't have to move again for a long time.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #212 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 11th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Any chance of getting the shield bash stuff (from another thread) into the next community release? I had modified the some of the files (mostly because of the fact that you cant have more than one item replacing core items), and with the latest release i lost the shield bashing. (I always backup first, so i will be able to put it back in)
mirtos is offline   #213 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 11th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
Any chance of getting the shield bash stuff (from another thread) into the next community release? I had modified the some of the files (mostly because of the fact that you cant have more than one item replacing core items), and with the latest release i lost the shield bashing. (I always backup first, so i will be able to put it back in)
I believe this has already been addressed by Sendric, you should do a search for shield bash and see. And modifying the community files is a bad idea, it'll get overwritten in the next update.

Last edited by TobyFox2002; May 11th, 2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: more info
TobyFox2002 is offline   #214 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 11th, 2014, 09:58 PM
The problem, is if it hasnt been addressed, you basically have to. (which is why i offered to help). You cant have more than one shield overwriting shield, steel, heavy, for example, and if the one in the community files isnt correctly bootstrapping it, you have to modify the community files.

I dont believe it has been addressed. I will double check.
mirtos is offline   #215 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 11th, 2014, 10:03 PM
I just checked. Its not in there. I have another thread mentioning this that was created a while ago... but if its supposed to be in there, let me know. But as far as I can tell, its not.
mirtos is offline   #216 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 12th, 2014, 06:35 AM
I'll be working on the shield bash stuff soon. I promise.
Sendric is offline   #217 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 12th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I want to add fey'ri, (I tried to add them when I made that file), they are a vital part of faerun, however the problem lies in the fact the as a race they can CHOOSE their racial abilities. And I am unsure as to how to code that.
I did a race from Ravenloft for the upcoming release with a similar issue. I used a lot of feat choosers. I can pass the file along to you if you want to take a look at it.
Sendric is offline   #218 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 12th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I did a race from Ravenloft for the upcoming release with a similar issue. I used a lot of feat choosers. I can pass the file along to you if you want to take a look at it.
That would be very helpful, thank you.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #219 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 12th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I'll be working on the shield bash stuff soon. I promise.
Im not complaining. Which is why I offered to help. Just wish there was a way to have two files both overwrite the same basic one, so that work isnt lost until its done.
mirtos is offline   #220 Reply With Quote