Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

bnickelsen

Old January 10th, 2016, 07:07 AM
When I first purchased Realm Works it came with 6 Months of cloud service. That 6 months was extended indefinitely while you continued to develop RW and your money maker "The Content Store".

RW does look pretty and it does has lots of feature, but it does not have what I want. And that is fine, I am not complaining or flaming. Just Saying not for me.

But with that, someday you will get around to finally releasing the store and you will kick on the "Cloud". What do I need to do to make sure you don't try to charge me for that service? I don't want a surprise on my CC statement and I don't want to have to come back here every week for the next few year just to see if you are about to turn it on.
bnickelsen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old January 10th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Well, until someone from LWD comes on and gives us the full story, I think you're pretty safe.

You've made a one-off purchase for RW (by whatever means you made it), but that purchase is highly unlikely to include any recurring billing. Further, since there's no "billing" option within RW at this time, there are no CC details in it for it to bill.

LWD are an ethical company - they are not going to suddenly try to charge you for a service you don't want.

The most likely sequence of events is as follows:

1) The Content Market goes live.
2) Your 6 months of free cloud service begins.
3) At around month 5.5, you get sent an email informing you that your cloud service is about to come to an end, please provide payment details if you wish to keep using the cloud service.
4) You either provide details or you don't.
5) If you don't, after month 6 rolls around, you lose cloud service access.

The end.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 11th, 2016, 08:31 AM
@bnickelsen, we haven't stored users credit card details, so we can't surprise you with a charge. If you wish to continue cloud service, you'll need to purchase another 6 to 12 months to be charged.

I'd recommend signing up for our newsletter, if you haven't already. That has the latest news about all of our products, so you can get info without needing to comb through the forums (unless you want to).
liz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote