Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sigil

Old October 27th, 2019, 07:20 PM
I found an issue with rope and stacks in general. I think what confused me is in HLC rope is sold as one 50 foot length and not as a stack of 50 one foot lengths. Could this behavior, be looked at. Maybe have a checkbox to have a stack show as individual or multiple items under the backpack items count.

Could the "L" bulk descriptor be added to the custom gear menu.

Thank you,
Sigil
Sigil is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old October 28th, 2019, 04:19 AM
The game system Pathfinder has rope in a standard length of 50 ft.
So Hero Lab is selling you one game unit.

The same as the game has a longsword, an axe, a shovel or a ladder.
Each of the items, including the rope, has a standard size and you buy it in that size increment.
In the case of rope, it's always 50 ft, and considered a single item.

I'd personally rather have a single 50 ft. length, where the excess could be coiled (much like a garden hose), than want to climb or repel and need to attach each 1 ft. section to the next, which would reduce it to 30 ft. of length, give or take.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sigil

Old October 28th, 2019, 06:44 AM
Ualaa,
I must explain my thoughts poorly. At the moment how Lone Wolf has implemented in this instance "rope", when you buy rope in HLO you get "(50x) Rope (foot)". When you add this to you backpack, your backpack item count goes up by 50 items, show that the rope is counted as a stack of 50 separate items. You are correct, in the PF2 Core book, rope is sold by the 50 foot length, even though they do not state that in the equipment table. This behavior seemed odd to me, could come in hand if you wanted to cut your rope in half and have two 25 foot length. Instead of having to make to custom items, you just have to split the stack. With my checkbox idea you could toggle the behavior of how it counted in your backpack.
Just wanted to better describe the behavior I was having problems with.
Sigil is offline   #3 Reply With Quote