Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

silks

Old July 28th, 2010, 06:11 AM
I've got an idea how to fix the Power of Darkness but haven't had time to do it yet.
If that doesn't work your suggestion is a good one, thanks

Silks
silks is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 28th, 2010, 06:12 AM
And yeah, Dragons still need doing for most armies (both the points allocation and the armour save)
silks is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
Caradryan

Old July 28th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Suddenly, in last releases the Lothern Seaguard cannot take the warbanner...
Caradryan is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
Delfbug

Old July 28th, 2010, 09:05 AM
One Dark Elves bug - it displays "Eternal Hatred REQUIRES you to ALWAYS pursue after hand-to-hand combat."
Hatred no longer requires pursuit so that message can be deleted entirely.

Generic magic items:
Charmed Shield in AB doesn't include "Shield." under its rules and doesn't give the armor save benefits that it should because it's a shield.
Dragonhelm works correctly but description does not say that it increases armor save by 1. It should say that.
Helm of Discord works correctly but description does not say that it increases armor save by 1. It should say that.
Shield of Ptolos working incorrectly. It currently gives +2 to armor save. It should only give +1 to armor save against anything except shooting (where it gives a 1+ save.) It also doesn't say "Shield." under its rules. It should say that. Also, it says +1 save to shooting when it should say 1+ save to shooting.
Shield of Ghrond doesn't say it counts as a shield.
Also, shields in 8th should only give 1 point of armor and a 6+ ward-save-in-combat. It says "6+/5+" when a shield is equipped, which is wrong. There's no second part to it.

Last edited by Delfbug; July 28th, 2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: left stuff out
Delfbug is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
Voloch

Old July 28th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Dark Elves: Black Guard is allowed to field 21models, though the validator catches it:

"Unit 'Black Guard': Unit is too big! Its real maximum size is 1 less than what you have it at. Please reduce its size by 1 (see the FAQ for the reason behind this)."

If you chose an upgrade the #models is returned to max size and the error disappears.
Voloch is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
Zarr

Old July 28th, 2010, 12:04 PM
As somewhat of a recommendation, Each wizard in an army should be required to select their lore in order to create a legal army list. According to the BRB, pg. 490, "When you chose your army, you should have selected which Lore of magic each or your Wizards is going to use".
Just make each lore a "select one" piece of equipment, much like many psyker powers in Warhammer 40,000 Army Builder files.
Zarr is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
Murphy

Old July 28th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarr View Post
As somewhat of a recommendation, Each wizard in an army should be required to select their lore in order to create a legal army list.

Just make each lore a "select one" piece of equipment, much like many psyker powers in Warhammer 40,000 Army Builder files.
This would be great to have!

Another issue - In 8th, non-mage characters can take magical items (armor, weapons) even if they cannot normally carry the mundane item of that type. This is still causing validation errors. Example - Bretonnian BSB taking Enchanted Shield.
Murphy is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
Sir Owl

Old July 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarr View Post
As somewhat of a recommendation, Each wizard in an army should be required to select their lore in order to create a legal army list. According to the BRB, pg. 490, "When you chose your army, you should have selected which Lore of magic each or your Wizards is going to use".
I like it as it is since I can pick a lore from "spells" and since I'm playing Bretonnia then I often pick lore of life.

With your sugestion I would have to pick it over and over again, wast of paper and the more paper you use for the list the harder it is to find everything later but the intention is good. Only wanted to add my 0.02
Sir Owl is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 28th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Good idea, I was thinking about doing it but I'll definitely do it now

New version
http://www.4shared.com/file/m5ADbMAB...ntasy_8th.html
• Updated Woodelves
silks is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
Sir Owl

Old July 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Bug:
Bretonnia: I played around a little now and found that if I've a lord on pegasus then I can have more then one unit of pegasus knights. The unit is special and the army was +10k but it didn't react on the fact that I had 10 units of pegasus.
Since it's special and +3000 army I'm allowed 6 units of it. No more.
Sir Owl is offline   #160 Reply With Quote