Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

MadCartographer

Old May 7th, 2020, 11:01 PM
When you start up the 5th Edition in Hero Lab, there is only 1 option for Campaign Setting....

I have the Editor so I can edit my files, but I cant find where you can edit the Campaign Setting. I want to add my gaming world to this.

What is the name of the file to edit and where is it located?

Thank you.
Lee
Attached Images
File Type: png Campaign Setting.png (200.6 KB, 9 views)
MadCartographer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MadCartographer

Old May 8th, 2020, 03:12 AM
I found a .stock file named:

KP - Midgard Heroes Handbook.stock

But I cant edit it. I have a feeling this is the file I am looking for.
MadCartographer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old May 8th, 2020, 07:05 AM
I honestly don't know this one. It's not a setting or field that has ever come into play on anything in the 5e Community Pack. Meaning it's not something that will change what options are available for a character.

For my custom campaign content, I just use the source field to create a new, custom source with my campaign's name. That way I can select or unselect it from the Configure Hero screen if a character shouldn't have access to that content.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old May 8th, 2020, 11:29 AM
This choice appears if you purchased any of the Kobold Press things and have the source selected.

It's a bunch of Mechanics stuff that gets turned on to alias Common as the Trade Tongue and Half-elves as Elfmarked. It's all built into the Kobold Press packages that you can't touch as a normal user. Although it would be nice to see what that code looks like so we could do it too.

What Fenris447 is mentioning is that you can add a source in your editor and create menu option files that end in .1st to create a custom option for you to turn on anything that has your source, which can indicate a setting. If you look at the community files that end in .1st in a text editor you can get an idea of how these configure hero options are created.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MadCartographer

Old May 9th, 2020, 03:39 AM
Thank you Fenris447 and dungeonguru, I did see that Kobold Press has some items selected when I configure a Hero and it is narrowed down to these two items:

Midgard Heroes and Southland Heroes, when these are turned on, I get that as an option, but others from Kobold Press do not do this.
MadCartographer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old May 11th, 2020, 06:20 AM
Midgard Heroes and Southland Heroes are content developed by LWD, not the Community Pack. We can't open the files with that content, so we can't see how they programmed in the ability to select a Campaign Setting. Which unfortunately means there's no way to answer your question of how to do it for your own setting. Sorry, brother.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; May 11th, 2020 at 06:23 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old May 12th, 2020, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCartographer View Post
I found a .stock file named:

KP - Midgard Heroes Handbook.stock

But I cant edit it. I have a feeling this is the file I am looking for.
Stock files contain pre-built monsters and Heroes for the encounter builder. They are basically the same as a .por file.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
MadCartographer

Old May 15th, 2020, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Midgard Heroes and Southland Heroes are content developed by LWD, not the Community Pack. We can't open the files with that content, so we can't see how they programmed in the ability to select a Campaign Setting. Which unfortunately means there's no way to answer your question of how to do it for your own setting. Sorry, brother.
Thank you....
MadCartographer is offline   #8 Reply With Quote