Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

wiscrhino

Old May 17th, 2020, 09:14 AM
Hi - have a character that has gained "Immunity to Death Effects" and I can't seem to figure out how to turn this ability on. I've looked through all the modifiers on the Adjustments tab and can't seem to find it.

I started to poke around in the editor to see if it wasn't present and needs to be created, but I see that there already is a "Immunity to Death Effects" adjustment available (General / Ability / "Immunity to Death Effects" (xImmDeath)).

I just can't figure out how to select this/turn this on for my character. Any advice?
wiscrhino is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old May 17th, 2020, 01:06 PM
You mean you want it to show on the character, but can't, or that it shows on the character but you want to activate it? In the second case, I don't see why you would need to a activate it; you're immune, that's it.
Lord Magus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old May 17th, 2020, 11:11 PM
What you have found is a special ability, not an adjustment. You can't activate it. You could make an adjustment yourself that has this effect.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wiscrhino

Old May 18th, 2020, 02:52 PM
Thanks - for clarification, I want to have something show up on the character sheet - be it on the "specials" column of Hero Lab or somewhere - it doesn't have to do anything obviously, I just want text to read "Immunity to Death Effects", mostly so I don't forget it!

I can't seem to figure out how to make this happen, and poking around in the editor I found that it appears to already be present within, I just can't seem to find where/how to turn it on.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you might be able to provide.
wiscrhino is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old May 19th, 2020, 02:54 AM
Quick Way using the editor...
General Tab > Adjustment
New (Blank)
Name: Immune Death Effects
Description Text: You are immune to Death Effects
Click the boxes for: 'No Incrementer' & 'No Plus Sign'.
Bootstrap (button on the right): xImmDeath
Give it a 'Source' if you want and a Unique ID.
Save in a user file and 'Test Now!'

Select from the adjustments and this will then be shown on the Hero Specials tab.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; May 19th, 2020 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Correction
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
wiscrhino

Old May 22nd, 2020, 09:35 PM
Thank you Dami! This worked exactly as needed. Much appreciate everyones help.
wiscrhino is offline   #6 Reply With Quote