Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old December 9th, 2019, 11:03 AM
I'm in the testing stages of the Eberron subraces, but have either found a bug or done something wrong.

Code is below, but here's the gist: these free spells are supposed to be used once per and reset on a Short Rest. I can mark them used (changing 0/1 -> 1/1). However, they don't reset to 0/1 when I click the Short Rest button. The Long Rest does reset them. What am I doing wrong here? I have similar specials that use the exact same coding, but with "LongRest", and they work perfectly on Long Rests in HL. It's just the Short Rest ones that don't.

Code:
    <thing id="ra5CEbPriCon" name="Primal Connection" description="You can cast the {i}animal friendship{/i} and {i}speak with animals{/i} spells with this trait once each before completing a short or long rest. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for these spells, and you do not need material components." compset="RaceSpec">
    <tag group="Helper" tag="ShowSpec" name="Show Spec" abbrev="Show Spec"/>
    <tag group="FeatureTyp" tag="Special" name="Special" abbrev="Special"/>
    <bootstrap thing="sp5CAnimFr">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="2500">count:AbReplace.ra5CEbPriCon = 0</containerreq>
      <autotag group="Usage" tag="ShortRest"/>
      <autotag group="Helper" tag="RaceSpell"/>
      <assignval field="trkMax" value="1"/>
      </bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="spSpeaAnim">
      <containerreq phase="First" priority="2500">count:AbReplace.ra5CEbPriCon = 0</containerreq>
      <autotag group="Usage" tag="ShortRest"/>
      <autotag group="Helper" tag="RaceSpell"/>
      <assignval field="trkMax" value="1"/>
      </bootstrap>
    </thing>

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; December 9th, 2019 at 11:05 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 9th, 2019, 11:20 AM
So I guess my initial pre-post search wasn't thorough enough, because I just found a similar thread from a few months ago.

I went ahead and submitted this as a bug, but I'll leave this thread up in case someone did address it elsewhere.

I'd like to avoid making Racial Specials duplicating the spells if possible, as suggested in the other thread. These are from the Dragonmarked House subraces, and there are a handful that grant short rest spells and a bunch more that grant long rest ones. It would be a lot cleaner if the code for all of them could stay relatively similar, not having to treat the short rest ones differently.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 9th, 2019, 01:44 PM
This sounds like the bug we hit when we implemented the rest of the dragonmarks. We reported it then, but never got a response beyond the automated reply.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #3 Reply With Quote