Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah, something's wonky, that's why I was confused by these two errors. The charges one was easily solved, just no idea why this one is blowing up. I will try to recreate my Barbarian and see if I did something to make it go boom. Otherwise, I'll just make my own illiteracy bootstrap.
Kendall-DM is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Ugh, fix one thing, the other stuff breaks. And think you fixed something, only to have it fail to be fixed after all. The table problem for my custom specials is showing up again. Essentially, I have two custom abilities I am bootstrapping to each class that halves the Strength bonus to melee and Dexterity bonus to ranged. However, my classes kept getting the table problem shown in one of the jpgs above. I THOUGHT I had fixed it by designating those custom abilities as user sourced. But then the melee and ranged ability bonuses weren't being halved anymore. Ergh. So I un-sourced them, and back to the custom special table problem. So when I have them user sourced, they don't show up on the hero, and when they're not, the tables blow up. I even created my own user source, selected it in hero configuration, and all the tables are blowing up everywhere. Do I need to designate everything that I am doing as user sourced?
Kendall-DM is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Well, I set everything to that, and selected the user content, same error. It's becoming a vicious cycle. I'm about to throw my hands in the air. All because 2 custom abilities are refusing to work with the files. Argh.
Kendall-DM is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 15th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Are they custom abilities or specials? Custom abilities are something that must be picked by a certain class, while Specials are not specific to classes. Try making them a special instead.
Lawful_g is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I feel like a dunce, about 5 minutes ago, I noticed that the blurb at the top of the Editor (which I have been wholeheartedly ignoring) said that the Custom Ability is for a list. I thought, well I'll put this in Special and see what happens. It worked. Then I saw your post. Doh! Well, that did, indeed, solve that problem. I'm sure another one will crop up, no doubt.
Kendall-DM is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 15th, 2011, 06:26 PM
The barbarian illiteracy bug is just unfixable as far as I can tell. I just can't seem to get that one fixed. Giving up for the night, maybe something fresh will hit me later and I'll figure it out.
Kendall-DM is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Why don't you send me a copy of the user file at lawfulg48 at the yahoo. I'll see if I can work out the barbarian thing.
Lawful_g is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 16th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Hey Kendall. I didn't mean to disappear on you yesterday, so sorry about that. Back at it this morning. I've been trying to re-create your error, and to be honest, I can't. Here's what I did:

1) In class tab, choose New (Copy)
2) Select Barbarian...I named the new class Barber just because.
3) After allowing HL to re-load so that the new class would be available, I added a replace ID to the Class Level. I then hit Test Now, and allowed HL to reload. I received no error.
4) I closed the editor, selected change game system, and re-loaded D20. With a new portfolio, I chose the Barber class, and no error occurred.

I honestly don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Like Lawful said, maybe you could send one of us the file so we can take a look at it. My address is sendric at gmail. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe there's something screwy with your environment.
Sendric is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 16th, 2011, 08:03 AM
When I get a chance, I'll send this to you guys. Time is in short supply lately. I'm almost entirely sure its my environment then, just have no idea why my environment can't find the kLiterBbn when it shows up quite well in the Skills tab of the Editor. The Editor knows it's there, but can't see it from the Barbarian. Just odd.
Kendall-DM is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old February 16th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Ok, sent you guys the user file. I'm still in the midst of getting my campaign setting into there, so please ignore the mess. I've been having to do it piecemeal when I can find the time.
Kendall-DM is offline   #90 Reply With Quote