Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

spannclann

Old November 15th, 2020, 09:57 AM
I am trying to create an Amulet of Protection from Good where the character gets +1 to AC when fighting enemies with a good alignment. I can get the +1 added easily BUT I need to know how to make it conditional vs good.
spannclann is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old November 16th, 2020, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure how you're wanting to see the conditional work, generally speaking, trying to check alignments of other "entities" in the portfolio is complex. I've not seen any code examples aside from stuff that affects minions.

You can give the player the option to turn the AC bonus on/off manually on the in-play tab by using the abilActive field. To make an item use this field you need to make sure the checkmark next to Show in Activated Abilities List? is checked.

Here's a script example of how you might do this (generally running post-attributes 10000 timing but you may need to play with timing):

Code:
~ leave script if not equipped
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
~ leave script if not attuned
doneif (field[gIsAttuned].value = 0)
~ leave script of not activated
doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0) 
~ otherwise add 1 to the AC bonuses
hero.childfound[ArmorClass].field[Bonus].value += 1
If you're looking to add the situational text and an asterisk by armor class, you can try something like

Code:
#situational[hero.childfound[ArmorClass],"Bonus to AC vs good creatures",field[thingname].text]
but I don't think the Armor Class field supports that consistently or at all.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old November 16th, 2020, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
I'm not sure how you're wanting to see the conditional work, generally speaking, trying to check alignments of other "entities" in the portfolio is complex. I've not seen any code examples aside from stuff that affects minions.

You can give the player the option to turn the AC bonus on/off manually on the in-play tab by using the abilActive field. To make an item use this field you need to make sure the checkmark next to Show in Activated Abilities List? is checked.

Here's a script example of how you might do this (generally running post-attributes 10000 timing but you may need to play with timing):

Code:
~ leave script if not equipped
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)
~ leave script if not attuned
doneif (field[gIsAttuned].value = 0)
~ leave script of not activated
doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0) 
~ otherwise add 1 to the AC bonuses
hero.childfound[ArmorClass].field[Bonus].value += 1
If you're looking to add the situational text and an asterisk by armor class, you can try something like

Code:
#situational[hero.childfound[ArmorClass],"Bonus to AC vs good creatures",field[thingname].text]
but I don't think the Armor Class field supports that consistently or at all.

I guess I should have specified what I wanted exactly. However, I was looking the situational text and an asterisk by armor class. I will give this a shot and see what happens.
spannclann is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old November 16th, 2020, 02:02 PM
It does not show the asterisk by Armor Class
spannclann is offline   #4 Reply With Quote