Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

ErinRigh

Old March 19th, 2020, 03:43 PM
Hi all

I am trying to install a secondary license on a computer at one of my Player's houses, we have installed HLC and put in my license but for some reason it is only running in demo mode, anybody know what gives?

Thanks in advance
ErinRigh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2020, 04:45 PM
You can try with support@wolflair.com. After you put in the code, did it say anything? If you go to Help/About, does it show the right license number at the bottom? Have you tried restarting?
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 19th, 2020, 05:24 PM
Also a warning that a secondary license should be used by you. Giving someone else access to one of yours is breaking LW licensing terms.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 19th, 2020, 07:09 PM
Yes it is for my use when I am running games at her place.

is that not allowed?
ErinRigh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old March 19th, 2020, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Yes it is for my use when I am running games at her place. Is that not allowed?
Essentially, no, it's not allowed because they have access to the full software when you aren't there. I'm certain you aren't the only person to do this, but it does break LW's terms.

From the License Agreement: "You agree not to:
(1) use or facilitate the use of your assigned license number(s) or product key file(s) on more than one device per license number;
or (4) enable others to use your assigned license number(s) or product key file(s) (if any).
Each secondary license number shares the same characteristics as the primary license number that is first issued, including any expiration date and password, and is bound by this same Agreement."

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 20th, 2020, 06:19 AM
I think they're mainly just saying to keep it on the DL. It's a touchy subject for them in part due to some early experiences with Army Builder where people openly discussed pirating the software while in line for the Long Wolf table at conventions, which is part of why HLC has more strict control measures.
Duggan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 20th, 2020, 11:05 AM
Well I am sure they don't think I am pirating this software, I literally have a thousand dollars tied up in PF packages. But the point is moot, cause it is doing it on my laptop too
ErinRigh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 20th, 2020, 11:49 AM
I wanted to repeat Duggan's initial reply, because I haven't seen an answer to those yet, and without more information about what's happening, I don't know what steps to take next, because it could be several issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
You can try with support@wolflair.com. After you put in the code, did it say anything? If you go to Help/About, does it show the right license number at the bottom? Have you tried restarting?
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 20th, 2020, 10:38 PM
OK Sorry I wasn't clear. After I put in the code, it says the box about packages being available after restart, and then I restart and it fires up to the same license activation screen and when I reactivate, it recognizes the number, and gives the appropriate packages available after restart dialog, I restart and it goes back to the activate screen
ErinRigh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old March 20th, 2020, 11:52 PM
ok now its some thing different, it appears that it is not accepting my code because it keeps switching to demonstration mode and on help/about it continues to say unlicensed

I tried both versions 86 and 64 and they both do the same
ErinRigh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote