Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Angela2013

Old May 26th, 2017, 02:01 PM
I was just wondering if there was an adjustment to change the Type (humanoid, construct, etc.) of a creature. Was just trying to figure out how to make the adjustment.

Some days I don't know why I bother to chew through the restraints.
Angela2013 is offline   #1201 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 26th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela2013 View Post
I was just wondering if there was an adjustment to change the Type (humanoid, construct, etc.) of a creature. Was just trying to figure out how to make the adjustment.
No. The issue is because Types are not "tags" and requires the new type/subtype to get onto the hero as a Pick. This means the adjustment would have to bootstrap every type.

I have had some ideas on how to handle this but nothing I have had time to implement. Basically you would need a new chooser table to allow the selected Types to become live on a character. The same type of way you would add a "feat" to a character.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1202 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 26th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Probably could do this with a template easily enough, if you're looking for a quick and dirty method with plenty of examples to look at.
Aaron is offline   #1203 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old May 26th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Quick request.. if possible.

I think an adjustment to change the weight of something would be great. You would select the item you want to change, and then select either new weight or +- what you wanted.

I know you can change your ability to carry things, and not many people actually track weight limits.

This came up with I took my pirate halfling bard/gunslinger and wanted to put on a clockwork arm wondrous item. (So he can carry a specific gun from Skull and Shackles). Not only did the 25 lbs of the wondrous item not go down for a small creature (vs normal medium), but in game I only replaced my hand, not the entire arm. It would be great to change the weight (with DM approval of course).

Just a thought. I don't know a ton about the innerworkings of Hero Lab, but it does not sound like something that would be too hard.

I know you are super busy Shadow, so if its low on the queue I totally understand. Just sounds like a good Adjustment. Thanks!
NeoEvaX is offline   #1204 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 27th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEvaX View Post
Quick request.. if possible.

I think an adjustment to change the weight of something would be great. You would select the item you want to change, and then select either new weight or +- what you wanted.

I know you can change your ability to carry things, and not many people actually track weight limits.

This came up with I took my pirate halfling bard/gunslinger and wanted to put on a clockwork arm wondrous item. (So he can carry a specific gun from Skull and Shackles). Not only did the 25 lbs of the wondrous item not go down for a small creature (vs normal medium), but in game I only replaced my hand, not the entire arm. It would be great to change the weight (with DM approval of course).

Just a thought. I don't know a ton about the innerworkings of Hero Lab, but it does not sound like something that would be too hard.

I know you are super busy Shadow, so if its low on the queue I totally understand. Just sounds like a good Adjustment. Thanks!
So your in luck. This was very easy to do. I have added the new "Equipment, Weight" adjustment to the Pack and it will be in the next release.

The next release will be "soon"...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1205 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old May 27th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The pak will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be a pak!
ErinRigh is offline   #1206 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old May 28th, 2017, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So your in luck. This was very easy to do. I have added the new "Equipment, Weight" adjustment to the Pack and it will be in the next release.

Much thanks!
NeoEvaX is offline   #1207 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 28th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
The pak will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be a pak!
I feel like I am being stalked now!

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1208 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 28th, 2017, 09:24 AM
The release of the new "Pathfinder Pack" version 1.8 is out!

v1.8 May 25, 2017

Bug Fixes
  • Ultimate Psionics (phlidwsn) - Added pre-req script for Aegies level 5+ to Ram customization. Corrected Flight prereq for Abberant Aegis off by one error (Was requiring 6 instead of 5). Fix several errors with level based prereqs for Aegis customizations (off by one and other wrong number errors). Updated elemental flux style text to book version, removed out of place bleed scripting.
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Added Evade Arrows to Marksman.
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Altered Defense was calculating bonus incorrectly. Corrected.
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Fixed error with Skin of the Chameleon not applying enhancement bonus correctly.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed Cryptic "Altered Defense" ability to correctly appear at level 1. Made changes to how the Altered Defense activation names appear to look nicer on the "In-Play" tab.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fix issue where Soulknife mindblades after being enchanted where displaying as part of a characters gear value.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) -Fixed #13. "Boost Construct" feat and "Summoner's Call" class ability is now implemented and will increase the menu options that an Astral Construct receives. Added a new racial ability to Astral Constructs to explain the Menu choices. Updated the selection of Menu abilities to be more clear.
  • Path of War Expanded (drumanagh) - Update Piercing Thunder to final version.
  • Path of War Expanded (drumanagh) - Updated all Sleeping Goddess maneuvers and stances to final version.
  • Path of War Expanded (phlidwsn) - Cursed Razor Final text and Aegis tweaks. Update Cursed Razor level 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 & 9 to final book text.This completes the update of the text from beta to final for Cursed Razor. Added missing strike Black Dog's Due at 7th. Added Animus Healing feat (text only, no scripts, no prereq)
  • Path of War Expanded (ShadowChemosh) - Corrected the maneuver schools on the all three Expanded classes to match to the latest printing of the book.
  • Path of War Expanded (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #104 Harbinger class. The Dark Focus bonus feat will not appear until selected at level 4. The Dark Focus bonus feat "Discipline Focus" will now correctly auto select the same discipline that was selected at level 2. Magic Aura spell-like ability will now correctly appear only at level 7+ instead of level 1.
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #101. Add new "Damage Reduction, Byeshk or Magic" DR. Gave the Dolgaunt its missing +3 natural AC bonus. Fixed Dolgaunt DR to be byeshk OR magic not "and". Updated .stock files. In addition added an Unchained Dolgaunt Monk portfolio to the encounter builder.
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #100. Fixed racial skill bonuses to actually be "racial" bonus instead of a unnamed bonus. Empty Vessels where not gaining Knowledge (Planes) as an automatic Class Skill.
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (ShadowChemosh) - Enhanced Dolgaunt to show the tentacle attacks have 10ft reach.
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (ShadowChemosh) - Changed Artificer class into a "unrestricted" spell caster.
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed issue where the "Mark of Creation" major creation referenced Fabricate and not major creation spell information.
  • Mummies Mask (ShadowChemosh) - Added missing source to feat "Rallying Blow".
  • AP63 - The Asylum Stone (ShadowChemosh) - Added Not PFS allowed to the races & templates.
  • ShadowChemosh Equipment (ShadowChemosh) - Changed the stats of the Torch weapon to match the core rule book (gauntlet sized damage and +1 fire). The Torch weapon now provides a check box on the In-Play tab to "Unlit" the torch to remove the additional fire damage. It defaults to lit which is the most common use. Implemented all three torch feats: Burn! Burn! Burn! (ARG, GoG); Torch Bearer (Inner Sea Gods); Torch Handling (Dungeoneer's Handbook).
  • Spell Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Made "- Custom Spell Weapon -" easier to use as selecting the spell weapon from a dropdown is no longer required.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed "Race, Hit Dice Remove" to also remove hit points and skill points from hit dice.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed "Equipment, Weapon Enhancement" to not double assign a "+1, +2, etc" to the weapons name.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed "Equipment, Armor Enhancement" to not double assign a "+1, +2, etc" to the armors name.
  • RGG 110 Spell Varieants Vol 2 (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #112. Source marked spells that where not correctly sourced.
New Features
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - **READ ME** The "Dual Disciple" Psion archetype has been enhanced to better support multiple disciplines. After adding a second discipline you will be required to make one Primary and one Secondary. If you have an existing character with the "Dual Disciple" Psion archetype your secondary discipline will be "removed" when you open the character. You will need to reselect the secondary discipline.
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Added Shroud Archetype and archetype abilities.
  • Ultimate Psionics (drumanagh) - Added new option for a 'free' Gifted Blade for Soulknives. This is found under the new "Psionic Class Options" section in the Configure Your Hero window.
  • Psionics Seventh Path (drumanagh) - Add content from Psionics Augmented: Seventh Path book.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Re-wrote the Marksman class to follow HL standards. Scripts have been added to all abilities and non-standard implementation logic has been removed.
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (Skarn) - Added #98. Added in Skarn's Potion Bracer from Eberron Sharn City of Towers. Thanks Skarn!
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added the missing Concentration Skills for the Occult Adventure classes.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added new Conferred adjustment "Combat: Sneak Attack Effect". This allows for seeing a list of all abilities that interact with Sneak Attack (ie Bleeding or the Unchained Rogue abilities). This allows for a nice central place on the In-Play tab to work with these abilities.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added #108. Added 3 new Horror Adventure adjustments for adjusting Sanity, Sanity Threshold & Sanity Edge values.
  • ShadowChemosh Equipment (ShadowChemosh) - Added new gear item "Diamond Dust" that can be purchased in any gp amount. This allows for easily tracking this expensive material components on characters.
  • ShadowChemosh Conferred Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added new conferred adjustment "Magus: Arcane Pool". After adding this adjustment an option on the In-Play tab will allow you to select a weapon to magically enhance from +1 to +5 and add the following weapon properties: dancing, flaming, flaming burst, frost, icy burst, keen, shock, shocking burst, speed, or vorpal. Note: The weapon you are adding these powers to can be non-magical or magical.
  • ShadowChemosh Conferred Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added additional blade powers from magus arcana to the "Magus: Arcane Pool" adjustment. Now supports the following Magus Arcana abilities: Bane Blade, Devoted Blade, Ghost Blade and Planar Hunter.
  • ShadowChemosh Equipment (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #99. Added in Vicious power that can be activated on the In-Play tab. Thanks to Valdacil for his contribution!
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added a new adjustment "Equipment, Weight" that allows for increasing/decreasing the weight of any gear item.
Data File Authoring
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Changed all scripts on all Things that test for Psionic Focus to call the procedure PUPsiFocus instead of directly checking the Hero.PsiFocus tag. To many other rules add exception logic to Psionic Focus and we can not just use the one tag from LW anymore.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Added new abCategory.PUPsiDisc "Psion Discipline" tag. Modified all Psion Discipline custom abilities to have the new abCategory.PUPsiDisc tag. This tag gets pushed to the Hero allows for other Things to test for the presence of any selected Psion Disciplines.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Modified Mechanics, Simple Things, Tags and Sources to support new High Psionic options as discussed with drumanagh.
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Added abCategory.PUPsiCllct tag to collective class abilities.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Moved all the duplicate non-used Collective class abilites to the Deprecated file. Updated all the different scripts to only reference to the single cPUCollect ability. All classes currently use the same class ability so no abCategory is needed.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Added a new component for Psion Disciplines. Added new editor tab to define Disciplines "zCommunity->UP Psion Disciplines". Fixed Powers that where incorrectly marked with old Discipline ID's.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Removed all logic associated to the PackHelper.FreePower tag as the issue was officially fixed by LW. If you have anything with PackerHelper.FreePower tag please replace with Helper.Free instead to accomplish the same fix of not having a bootstrapped power count against a classes total.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - More Psion Discipline fixes. Moved the psiClass tag away from the powers and setup the ClsAllowPs.? tags onto the discipline. Removed psiClass.Disclipine tags from the Powers. Updated the editor help text. Added the Associated Discipline text to the advanced disciplines.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Moved Psychic Warrior Path abilities over to a custom component. Updated the editor for this new component. Added new Ability Category tags for the Path Manuevers/Trances. This will allow other magic items and mythic abilities to easily locate Path Manuevers/Trances by the ability category.
  • Mythic Psionics (ShadowChemosh) Added new tag group MythicPsi for Mythics Psionics. Added new tag PsiFocus. Modified the PUPsiFocus procedure to look for this new tag.
  • Mythic Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Added new tag MythicPsi.PsicrBon2x that when assigned to the Hero at Post-Level/10000 will double the Psicrystal bonus given to the master. For each additional "hero" tag found we increase the 2x mulitplier by 1. In example if 2 tags are found we go from 2x to 3x not 4x.
  • Path of War Expanded (ShadowChemosh) - Removed deprecated Path of War expanded maneuvers that are not in the final printed book. Added a Silent Load Thing so that a character does not toss errors about these missing Things.
  • Eberron(ShadowChemosh) - Added additional languages to be hidden for Eberron.
  • (ShadowChemosh) - Removed sources that where not selectable and have been around for years. Throne of Night AP and the extra Eberron books.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Data Authoring File changes to support Astral Constructs better. AllowRCust.MenuA, MenuB, MenuC changed to PUMenuA, PUMenuB and PUMenuB to match community standards. Updated the XML to remove name/abbr info. Moved the creation of the tags to the Psionic Helper on the mechanic. Added logic for new tag "Psionics.AstConMenu" that increases the number of custom abilities a Astral Construct can take.
  • (ShadowChemosh) Buckler Proficiency feat moved from Path of War to Universal things.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1209 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 28th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Couple of Pack Highlights...

1) Mythic Psionics including the overmind path is available. Psionics Augmented 7th Path book is in the Pack! Great work Quintain & Roadie.

2) **READ ME** The "Dual Disciple" Psion archetype has been enhanced to better support multiple disciplines. After adding a second discipline you will be required to make one Primary and one Secondary. If you have an existing character with the "Dual Disciple" Psion archetype your secondary discipline will be "removed" when you open the character. You will need to re-select the secondary discipline.

3) Two new conferred adjustments will help the Rogue/Magus characters.

-Combat: Sneak Attack Effects gives a dropdown of special attacks that can be applied to sneak attack on the In-Play tab. Plus gives a activation button that can be used to help remind yourself which effect is active.

-Magus: Arcane Pool gives new options on the In-Play tab for the magus class allowing the ability to select any weapon (magic or non-magic) and enchant it. This means you can apply +1 to +5 magic bonus and special magical properties like flaming.

4) Authoring note. Two Psionic classes special abilities (Psion Disciplines and Psychic Warrior Path) have been moved to their own editor tabs. This allows others to more easily add in these classes special abilities.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1210 Reply With Quote