Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Steel_Wind

Old October 3rd, 2016, 09:39 AM
Trying to reinstall Herolab on my work PC. It was previously on this machine but I upgraded it to Windows 10 and it is no longer available on my hard drive.

Data file entries for Herolab still exist on my SSD c: Drive but the main program is not there.

I have tried to uninstall Herolab. It says it has done so but the data files under program data are still there.

It does not matter if I delete manually delete the dir and subdirs in the Herolab folder under program data or not. It still won't work.

In each case, when I run hl76b_win_install.exe in Admin mode or otherwise, the install routine launches and selects C:\ProgramData\Herolab] as the destination folder. It will not let me choose any other folder and changing file locations is not an option in the install routine.

When I click install, the program instantly reports:

"The Drive or UNC Share you Selected does not Exist or is not accessible. Please select another."

And that's it. I'm screwed. I cannot install this on my PC.

Note re UNC: In my Herolab prefs, there is a pointer to Dropbox for some shared files. I can access that Dropbox folder on this PC, FWIW. But I don't think it's getting that far into things at all.

C is an SSD of limited size mainly for OS. There is 34.3 GB available on it supposedly.

Help me Obi-Wan, you are my only hope!!

Last edited by Steel_Wind; October 3rd, 2016 at 09:41 AM.
Steel_Wind is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Seelenquell

Old October 4th, 2016, 03:06 AM
I have a similar problem.I tried installing HeroLab on a new computer, but the installer stops shortly before the end with an "setup/uninstall stopped working" error.
I tried as Administrator, but it didn't make a difference. I can't install HeroLab.

This is on Windows 10 with hl76b_win_install.exe
Seelenquell is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 5th, 2016, 05:22 AM
Sorry to read you're having trouble!

Have you tried emailing tech support? They should be able to get you up and running again.

Tech support can be reached at support@wolflair.com
BJ is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Steel_Wind

Old October 6th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Sorry to read you're having trouble!

Have you tried emailing tech support? They should be able to get you up and running again.

Tech support can be reached at support@wolflair.com
Yes, I have. And I have not heard from them and it's now more than three business days.

I am unhappy. I expect they will get to me soon(ish).

Last edited by Steel_Wind; October 6th, 2016 at 07:28 PM.
Steel_Wind is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 7th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Wind View Post
Yes, I have. And I have not heard from them and it's now more than three business days.

I am unhappy. I expect they will get to me soon(ish).
Hi Robert,

Sorry for the delay - I've responded to your support post with some instructions, so please get back to me when you can. Thanks!
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote