Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

davis_mc

Old September 10th, 2021, 12:50 PM
Hi,

What are the search filter types that can be done in things like equipment lists, magic items, spells, etc?

Is there a defined list of options?

Ex: want to see ever magic item that would cost 15000 GP or more. Or magic spells that only require verbal to cast. Things like that.

Is there a predefined set of filters?
davis_mc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 13th, 2021, 06:26 PM
Usually one term can be searched for, and it is an exact match (not case sensitive).

Rarely I can do termA, termB and have it search for both occuring, but usually that fails and I get nothing.

I don't think you can do greater than or less than.

You could probably search for Components V.
Since they seem to be listed in the order V, S, M, if you wanted S you would search once for VS (to get all that were VS) and once for S (for those which are only S).

I do searches like "enhancement bonus to", "luck bonus to", or "to stealth" which on some items may be "on stealth" or "on her stealth".
You could search simply "stealth".

Pretty much the search is for, does this text occur.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old September 14th, 2021, 09:07 AM
What he said.

It's too bad the search isn't regex-based as it would be a lot more flexible.
Azhrei is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
davis_mc

Old September 14th, 2021, 11:17 AM
I know there are things like cl: # (where # is the caster level) (for example: cl: 5 lists only things with a caster level 5 when you do a search in magic items.) Or like in the equipment you can do like 300 gp and it will list only equipment that is 300 gp.

I'm curious though if there is something else or some thing like < 300 gp or 5000 sp. Or something like that.

There has to be something - does anybody know?

@Azhrei, absolutely if there was something reg-ex based or regular expression base that would be sweet!
davis_mc is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old September 15th, 2021, 05:36 AM
Ualaa already answered your question: the search is strictly a text search. Whatever you type into the search field is compared (literally) against the content of the data. The reason why "CL: 5" works is because that string appears in the data. You can search for "STR" to find anything containing those characters, but that means "strength" and "castrate" would both be found (and those are not related at all, lol!).

So no, there's no less-than or greater-than operators, there's no pattern matching characters, there's no way to sort by price/CL/anything else. It's the absolute minimum search functionality that could be imagined. (Although others have requested some of those features, like sorting by gp, but as HLC is pretty much dead now, I don't expect any of that will be implemented. There hasn't even been a data set bug fix release in... 17 months?)
Azhrei is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
davis_mc

Old September 15th, 2021, 09:25 AM
Quote:
The reason why "CL: 5" works is because that string appears in the data.
The data is located where? Are these the data files in the Program Data?
davis_mc is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 15th, 2021, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis_mc View Post
The data is located where? Are these the data files in the Program Data?

The filter searches the text as presented in the text window on the choose form.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old September 16th, 2021, 11:48 AM
I just opened HLC to check. I opened a wizard character (using the PF1e data set), went to the Wizard tab, then Spellbook, then edited an existing spellbook, and clicked on Add a Spell.

I now have a dialog where I can type text into the search field. So for grins, I typed in CL: 5 and nothing came up. That's because there are no spells with that text.

I looked at a particular spell and found that the components line had "Components V, S, M" so I typed in "components v" and the list of spells narrowed down to all spells that contain that text, ie. all spells with verbal components. I added ", S" and now only those with verbal and somatic were listed.

However, there's no way to search for spells with material components. I cannot enter "components m" since that string doesn't appear in the spells and so nothing matched (I tried it).

If HLC used a regular expression search instead plain text, then I could use "components .* m" and find it (I'm making assumptions about how the regex library would interpret the data). But HLC doesn't have any way to select certain fields, or to search for two strings with arbitrary text in between them.

Hope that helps.
Azhrei is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
davis_mc

Old September 16th, 2021, 02:46 PM
It does help!

Thanks all and appreciate it!
davis_mc is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 16th, 2021, 03:52 PM
The text has to be exactly like the search string. Try CL 5 instead of CL: 5.

Case doesn't matter, so cl 5 should also work.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #10 Reply With Quote