Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

unforgivn

Old February 20th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I'm still working on converting StarWars D20 into the system, and I've made good progress. The only base classes that remain unfinished are the two Jedi classes. At 7th level they get promoted to full Knight status and are granted a free feat from a small selection of Jedi-specific feats. I would just add a 1 to the bonus feat table for level 7 and call it done, but per my and my STs interpretations, levels in these two classes should stack for the purposes of acquiring this feat.

So I made a class ability called "Jedi Knight" and assigned it to both classes at level 7, and sure enough, when I add any combination of those classes totaling 7 levels the ability lights up as intended. I intended to finish up by copying the code from the Combat Trick rogue talent to add the feat, but I get "Linkage pick 'table' not located for current contect" when I add a level of either of these classes.

As far as I can tell I have the bonus feats section of each class set up as the rogue, so I'm really not sure what HL isn't liking.
unforgivn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 20th, 2011, 06:31 PM
The Combat Trick is a custom class ability, and its code will only work when present on a custom class ability, not on a class special - the way to transition from the ability to the class is different.

Use:

Code:

root.
instead of

Code:

linkage[table].
in your script.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old February 20th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The Combat Trick is a custom class ability, and its code will only work when present on a custom class ability, not on a class special - the way to transition from the ability to the class is different.

Use:

Code:

root.
instead of

Code:

linkage[table].
in your script.
Thanks! That was easy enough, but now I've run into a different issue -- both classes are granting a bonus feat when only one should be granted. Will checking for FirstCopy work when the instances of the ability are from different classes?

EDIT: Nevermind, FirstCopy works just fine.

Last edited by unforgivn; February 20th, 2011 at 06:43 PM.
unforgivn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old February 21st, 2011, 09:13 AM
OK, perhaps I spoke too soon. I loaded the system today, and now the feat isn't being granted at all. Maybe reloading the entire system had some effect that just testing the class ability didn't.
unforgivn is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old February 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM
Just to make this worse, is there also a reference that I can use to make the bonus feat be added as a secondary instead of a primary? These classes also get bonus feats from specific selections at certain levels, and I can't use the Secondary Bonus Feat feature to grant them since those don't allow use of the Bonus For selections.
unforgivn is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2011, 01:04 PM
Can't you just choose a list of feats allowed on the Class tab, instead of choosing on the feat which classes may take that feat as a bonus?
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old February 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Can't you just choose a list of feats allowed on the Class tab, instead of choosing on the feat which classes may take that feat as a bonus?
That would prevent me from adding in new feats that those picks may be used for as I add content from other books without specifying them all on the class (and even doing that would probably produce errors for someone who doesn't have all of the files present), but yes, it would work.

That still doesn't solve the issue of why the feat isn't being granted at all now when it worked last night.

EDIT: Aaaand, it's working again now without me changing anything. *proceeds to pull hair out*

Last edited by unforgivn; February 21st, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
unforgivn is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2011, 03:17 PM
Can you create a new feat category that all of these belong to?
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old February 21st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Can you create a new feat category that all of these belong to?
The Knight feats, yes. The class bonus feats... well yeah, I guess I could just make a new feat category for each class. It'll be ugly, but it'll work just the way I need it to.
unforgivn is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
unforgivn

Old February 21st, 2011, 05:12 PM
Done, and I found out why the class feature was working intermittently. Apparently checking FirstCopy invalidates the ability if there is only one copy on the character. Adding a level of another Jedi class makes it work. So for now I just disabled the FirstCopy check and will ignore the validation errors.

Thanks!
unforgivn is offline   #10 Reply With Quote