Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

zarlor

Old August 19th, 2014, 01:12 PM
They should have an abilActive field, heck they all show up on the In Play tab with a checkbox which is exactly what we check for when using abilActive to see if something is checked.

I'll change up that component line. I had no idea if that made any kind of difference at all. As long as I've been doing this I still feel like a total n00b with it.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I just took a look at the compsets, and there's only one that includes the SPCPower component. It's named SPCPower, and contains the following components: SPCPower, Tracker, UserSelect, Domain.

The abilActive field is in the Ability component, so it's not in that compset.
Mathias is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 19th, 2014, 05:47 PM
I'm at a loss. Maybe Caped has some idea what I should be looking at here, then? I'm feeling completely clueless here.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 21st, 2014, 04:27 AM
Ok, I think I'm just going to give up on the Deactivating Abilites part, in part because I just can't figure it out but also because I'm not sure that the ANE version of the Allergy Hindrance should actually affect ALL Super Powers anyway. After all, if you have some powers in a Device does your Allergy affect those as well? (In other words, if Superman had a stun gun, would Kryptonite prevent his Stun Gun from working?) Or maybe vice-versa, what if the Allergy is for those things in a Device, so let's say if Namor were flying around in Iron Man's suit, but the suit he had has an Allergy to water (it wasn't waterproof, in other words), would Namor loose his super strength because of the suit's allergy? I'm not sure if there is an official answer for that, but I figure it's better to leave the flexibility of leaving it to the player to deactivate only those things affected by his Allergy.

That being said I still can't see what I'm doing wrong with the first part of my code above.

The way I read what's happening is that I set a modifier variable to equal 4, then I check to see if the user has made this hindrance a Major Hindrance and, if so, I change the modifier to equal 0.

Next I check if the Allergy have been Activated by the user. If it has then I apply whatever my modifier is to all Skills and Attributes, which should mean at a Minor hindrance I'm applying a -4 modifier, but if it's selected as Major I'm applying a modifier of 0. Unfortunately when I select it as Major I'm still getting a -4 being applied.

BTW, since Mathias mentioned using just SPCPower above instead of component.SPCPower I tried that syntax with the component.Skill | component.Attribute line as well, but it gives and error of that being an invalid tag expression. Just as an FYI, so I'm still using the component. part.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2014, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
BTW, since Mathias mentioned using just SPCPower above instead of component.SPCPower I tried that syntax with the component.Skill | component.Attribute line as well, but it gives and error of that being an invalid tag expression. Just as an FYI, so I'm still using the component. part.

If you're getting a syntax error, could you please post the code that's giving you an error?
Mathias is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 21st, 2014, 07:27 AM
Prettum much just the same as above, but I remove the "component." part, as below.

Code:
var modifier as number
modifier = 4

if (tagis[User.HindMajor] <> 0 ) then
      modifier = 0
endif

if (field[abilActive].value <> 0) then
   foreach pick in hero where "(Skill | Attribute)"
      eachpick.field[trtRoll].value -= modifier
   nexteach
endif
It compiles fine, but if you click the checkbox to activate the hindrance it gives an error that it's an invalid tag expression at that point. There is no error if I use component. before Skill and Attribute above, though, on that foreach line.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2014, 08:08 AM
In the "from component" part of a foreach, component is just the Id of the component, without "component." in front of it.

In the "where expression" part of a foreach, expression must be a normal tag expression, so you have to use the normal group.tag format for any tags.

As a reminder, there's a discussion of foreaches in post #7 of this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21663
Mathias is online now   #17 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 21st, 2014, 08:55 AM
Thanks. But it's not much of a reminder because I don't normally have any real reason to visit the Pathfinder forum. Heck, they already get lots of love there, I don't want to encourage them to get even MORE attention over us Savage Worlders! (Yeah, I know I actually have links pointing to your posts from our Common Code thread here. Half of it is still over my head, though!)

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually

Last edited by zarlor; August 21st, 2014 at 03:18 PM.
zarlor is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Bump, in case anyone has some ideas on this. I'm still getting the -4 on everything whether it's user selected at Minor or Major.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 2nd, 2014, 12:01 PM
CapedCrusader? Mathias? Either of you have some idea on this? It's the last thing I need to complete the Necessary Evil file.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #20 Reply With Quote