Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

EldritchWeaver

Old April 9th, 2019, 01:35 PM
My conjuration companion despite having 3 HD has only one feat and not two.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #681 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 15th, 2019, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
Is that still the case for you? I couldn't reproduce it. Also, I've noticed there seems to be a refresh/timing display issue with Resource components such as feats lately. Sometimes the labels "lag" on how many of a resource the hero has, but it is fixed if you reload the system or trigger a full evaluation. As an aside, this affects my own Resource components such as talents too.

But if you're still having this problem even after that, go ahead and post your .por file please.

Anyone else seeing feat-count or similar problems on their Conjuration critters?

Patch coming sometime this week.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; April 15th, 2019 at 05:39 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #682 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old April 15th, 2019, 10:18 PM
I still see it.
Attached Files
File Type: email Kit.por (271.6 KB, 2 views)
EldritchWeaver is offline   #683 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 15th, 2019, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Also, I've noticed there seems to be a refresh/timing display issue with Resource components such as feats lately. Sometimes the labels "lag" on how many of a resource the hero has, but it is fixed if you reload the system or trigger a full evaluation. As an aside, this affects my own Resource components such as talents too.
Have you sent this information to the LWD support e-mail? They will be interested to know of more situations where the re-evaluation isn't being triggered properly.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #684 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2019, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Have you sent this information to the LWD support e-mail? They will be interested to know of more situations where the re-evaluation isn't being triggered properly.

As Farling said, we need examples in order to figure out exactly what problems we're encountering, but 8.8g of HL itself was released two weeks ago, so make sure you've updated to that first, since it should hopefully fix a lot of those (the big one was that deletions were not always causing everything to update). This is the first time I've seen someone mention something like that since 8.8g came out.
Mathias is offline   #685 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 16th, 2019, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
As Farling said, we need examples in order to figure out exactly what problems we're encountering, but 8.8g of HL itself was released two weeks ago, so make sure you've updated to that first, since it should hopefully fix a lot of those (the big one was that deletions were not always causing everything to update). This is the first time I've seen someone mention something like that since 8.8g came out.
I thought I reported it a few weeks back, but maybe I got distracted and forgot to? That happens somet- SQUIRREL! But I'll double-check tonight, because what you're describing sounds pretty familiar.

EDIT: Yep, turns out I was still on 8.8f and updating fixed this.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; April 16th, 2019 at 09:19 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #686 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 16th, 2019, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
Finally tracked this one down. It's happening because you've traded feats for a combat talent progression on the hero, and that is trickling down to the minion. I'm checking with DDS to see if Companions should be allowed to use that option, but assuming they should I will make sure it can be enabled separately for heroes and minions.

EDIT: DDS says no, Companions do not get to swap feats for combat talents. So I will simply prevent the option from working on minions. If any other minion types are later determined to be able to do this (Animal Companions, animated objects, etc) I can add exceptions for them.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; April 17th, 2019 at 01:00 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #687 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old April 20th, 2019, 07:05 PM
For the toggle for the feats -> talents trade, I'm wondering if it would be possible for that to exist as a permanent adjustment or similar rather than an option in the configuration settings, which would cover the companion issue while allowing its use for houseruled campaigns, as well remove the (IMO) blurred lines between "campaign settings" and "character settings" that the current setup of the option causes.

Edit: How do I trade starting proficiencies for a martial tradition?

Last edited by Roadie; April 20th, 2019 at 07:22 PM.
Roadie is offline   #688 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 20th, 2019, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
For the toggle for the feats -> talents trade, I'm wondering if it would be possible for that to exist as a permanent adjustment or similar rather than an option in the configuration settings, which would cover the companion issue while allowing its use for houseruled campaigns, as well remove the (IMO) blurred lines between "campaign settings" and "character settings" that the current setup of the option causes.
I was actually thinking about doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Edit: How do I trade starting proficiencies for a martial tradition?
Unfortunately I don't have this working yet. It's trickier than one would expect.
TheIronGolem is offline   #689 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old April 21st, 2019, 08:25 PM
I am getting 3 errors that look like this
Syntax error in ‘eval’ script for Thing ‘fcSoPXGbSW’ (Eval Script #1) on line 6
GreyLurker is offline   #690 Reply With Quote