Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:10 PM
Thanks, Z. Sounds about right, if I can get the multiple Arcane Backgrounds bit working to my satisfaction. The open-ended nature complicates things. A lot of the other mechanical stuff I have dealt with already. And I do have to go over everything from the start again.

But my computer is back from the dead, fresh install on a new hard drive and having to reinstall *everything*. That plus the convention was last weekend so I am done with that for a while.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd

Last edited by CapedCrusader; April 3rd, 2019 at 02:16 PM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 3rd, 2019, 04:12 PM
Glad you survived the fresh install/recover/reinstall ordeal. Never fun! Hope the Con was a blast, too (I think I and several of the guys in my group are going to do the Savage Worlds Cruise in January, which I'm looking forward to.)

I have to admit I forgot to even factor in doing the multiple Arcane Backgrounds. Glad you're making headway, but I can see that one being a LOT of work, and possibly a lot of little "gotchas" you'll have to catch on the way. Good luck with that.

With all of that being said... GET BACK TO WORK, SLACKER!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old April 7th, 2019, 07:08 AM
Good to her too that things are moving ahead.

I know I'm anxiously awaiting the new setup so I can get things in place for the new Savage Rifts material that's coming (as well as some other settings. )

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is online now   #63 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old April 24th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Just curious how SWADW is coming along? with the new Savage Rifts stuff coming in several weeks, I’m a bit anxious to see and adapt the changes

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is online now   #64 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old May 5th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Would you like to see something really pretty?

Now, if I can just figure out how to do the printed sheets... lol

The only lookout is you can only have each particular Arcane Background once. And I still need to work on the labeling a little.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5ArcaneBackgrounds.jpg (368.0 KB, 54 views)

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane

Last edited by CapedCrusader; May 5th, 2019 at 09:06 PM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old May 6th, 2019, 03:16 AM
CapedCrusader,

That looks AWESOME! Cannot start working with it. And it makes sense that you can only have each AB once.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 6th, 2019, 06:21 AM
I keep trying to think of a reason why you would ever do 2 of the same AB on a character. My main thought would be "Ok, what about a Wizard/Sorcerer" build, but mechanically it seems to me that would all just be about trappings. Why would you pick up the same AB again to do that? Maybe as a quick way to pick up more power points and powers, but it would't be the same pool of power points or even powers since they are supposed to be tracked separately, although it would at least use the same skill for casting. Still it seems like it would certainly be possible to do it per the rules with GM permission. It seems the only way to really handle that is by allowing some form of "on-the-fly" AB creation within the creator itself, so AB: Magic, for example, couple be copied out or something to be renamed "AB: Wizardry", for example, even if the underlying stuff all still stays the same. That seems like a really tough coding project, though. Yowsa.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
unclejayrazz

Old May 25th, 2019, 07:26 AM
How is the SWADE update progressing? I’m about to start up Shaintar and it would be awesome to get it all updated to SWADE. This is the only character creation tool I know with Shaintar add ons.
unclejayrazz is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
TheMadPhoenix

Old June 7th, 2019, 10:12 AM
How's the update coming. Chomping at the bit to try out SWADE. If you need a beta tester, I'm game. :-)
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old June 9th, 2019, 04:58 PM
*smiles*

This is how it's going. I about have the multiple Arcane Backgrounds thing wired. I can move forward at speed now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5ArcaneBackgrounds sheet.jpg (408.4 KB, 29 views)

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #70 Reply With Quote