Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old June 4th, 2016, 09:29 AM
More frequent updates would certainly create more activity on the forums and keep interest up. But it's also more time consuming to test and package incrementally. It's a trade-off.
AEIOU is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old June 4th, 2016, 09:32 AM
I will admit I have been spending time figuring out how to make a user file for hero labs so I can incorporate the encounter system into my realm works realms. Still just slowly rolling along.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old June 4th, 2016, 03:35 PM
I'd rather wait until I can try out the improved RW, instead of getting constant updates, as they don't help me with my realm-building / maintenance. Though I appreciate those news as others as well!

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old June 6th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I am at a complete standstill and have been for several months. I can no longer work on my three realms until I can move stuff around, which should come with the content market coming online. Hopefully soon, as it was stated "In a number of weeks, we’ll be releasing a major new version of Realm Works." six weeks ago today.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old June 6th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
"In a number of weeks, we’ll be releasing a major new version of Realm Works." six weeks ago today.
A "number of weeks" can be six weeks, or maybe thirty-seven weeks. I think that was intentionally left uncertain.

Actually it feels more like thirty-seven.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old June 6th, 2016, 10:27 PM
fifty-two weeks anyone?
Viking2054 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old June 6th, 2016, 11:34 PM
seventy-eight

LOL
ruhar is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old June 7th, 2016, 04:55 AM
I am hip deep in putting my favored classic modules into RW as stand alone worlds. Since I decided to start with T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil, I am very very very busy, and have plenty to keep me occupied until the next update. This means it is as close to original as I can, and can then be integrated to any campaign or realm.

HOWEVER, it is a pain to always have to mirror my custom categories, as opposed to being able to copy them from a realm to another.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV

Last edited by Exmortis; June 7th, 2016 at 05:00 AM.
Exmortis is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old June 7th, 2016, 06:36 AM
It's my turn to GM, we round-robin so I only do it every couple of years. Without more robust player journal and interaction capabilities I haven't had much reason to open RealmWorks since my initial playing around.

I'm finishing up rebuilding our gaming table to include an in-table monitor for display of D20pro, with a wireless pad to pass around for people to control their own characters on the map. We'll be trying out D20pro on its own on Friday with a quick run through "We Be Goblins". Also I just converted a module (The Six Griffons Haunt) to RealmWorks to give it a try at the table using a combination of RealmWorks, D20pro, HeroLab, and SirenScape for the following session.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"

Last edited by Ladyofdragons; June 7th, 2016 at 06:44 AM.
Ladyofdragons is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old June 7th, 2016, 08:38 PM
I do not have a use for Realm Works anymore. After 3 years of waiting and the constant delays, I do not think it is worth waiting for any more. I have looked into the forums every now and then to see if there are any updates and may continue to do so in the future but for now, I'm done caring. In November/December 2015 we got 'first quarter 2016', now we only get 'soon' (second quarter 2016 is almost over). I am a Kick-starter backer so I will have a life time subscription to the cloud, if it ever comes. At the current rate I may be dead before it is released; only time will tell.
Mmurphy is offline   #20 Reply With Quote