Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

spannclann

Old November 19th, 2020, 09:04 AM
I am needing to bootstrap spells to an Item. I know I need to

1. Go to the bootstraps tab
2. Click to add another bootstrap
3. Choose the spell I want

What I need help with is the Conditions and Tags for this item. I want the condition to be level based, so (from my research) I believe that "count:Classes.? >= 12" needs to be entered here.

What I want is to specify the spell can only be used once per long or short rest. Delving into the Spider Staff magic item it seems the Bootstrap Tags section is where I need to put that. Is that correct?
spannclann is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 19th, 2020, 09:56 AM
Take a look at the Orb of the Stein Rune in the SKT file. It does exactly what you want.
  • You want the field "trkMax" to be 1 (as in, one use per whatever, see next bullet).
  • Add the tag group "Usage" with the tag "ShortRest". The ShortRest tag automatically resets on both a short and/or long rest, which is convenient.
  • Add the tag group "Helper" with the tag "ItemSpell". This tells HL it's a spell coming from an item.

Your conditional I'm blanking on. Try it and see if it works.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; November 19th, 2020 at 10:01 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old November 19th, 2020, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Take a look at the Orb of the Stein Rune in the SKT file. It does exactly what you want.
  • You want the field "trkMax" to be 1 (as in, one use per whatever, see next bullet).
  • Add the tag group "Usage" with the tag "ShortRest". The ShortRest tag automatically resets on both a short and/or long rest, which is convenient.
  • Add the tag group "Helper" with the tag "ItemSpell". This tells HL it's a spell coming from an item.

Your conditional I'm blanking on. Try it and see if it works.
You are a genius Sir! My conditional works fine and your example is perfect.
spannclann is offline   #3 Reply With Quote