Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TheNewProgrammer

Old September 6th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Hi, I wanted to create a custom domain that reduces the number of domains the cleric can have by 1. (This is so I can make a domain that takes 2 domain slots) Archetypes do not use scripts, but I found the feat Believer's Boon and it uses the following script:

Quote:
hero.childfound[cfg(???)].field[cfgMax1].value += 1
(I don't remember what was here)

I assume cfg points to believer's boon somehow?

clrMax1 doesn't work.

Was I on the right track?

What is a script that would work?
TheNewProgrammer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 7th, 2023, 05:26 AM
Believer's Boon creates a new tab for you to choose a domain. It has nothing to do with how many domains a cleric can select. To alter this, you would need to change the following field:

Code:
hero.childfound[cHelpClr].field[cGiveSpec].value -= 1
I suspect you'll need to do this after Post Levels/10000 as that is when the field is initially set.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheNewProgrammer

Old September 7th, 2023, 11:40 AM
Thanks! I found cHelpClr, but I wasn't sure it was correct. I thought it would use domain somewhere in the title not help.

Last edited by TheNewProgrammer; September 7th, 2023 at 11:42 AM.
TheNewProgrammer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 7th, 2023, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewProgrammer View Post
Thanks! I found cHelpClr, but I wasn't sure it was correct. I thought it would use domain somewhere in the title not help.
cHelpClr is the class helper for Cleric (all class helpers start with cHelp). You're basically just telling the program to reduce the number of custom abilities the Cleric gets (I think in PF1 they get up to 4). Domains is just the name of the first set of custom abilities a Cleric gets so there isn't anything named domain as far as a thingid in this case.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TheNewProgrammer

Old September 7th, 2023, 02:46 PM
oh!, thanks

is there any way to add cantrips to the domain spells?

i can add it to the list, but I don't know how to add 0-level spells to the number of preparable domain slots.

also, How do I add my domain to deities portfolios(?)?

finally, is there a way to add domain spells to the cleric's spell list?

thanks so much!
TheNewProgrammer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 7th, 2023, 02:55 PM
It's not as easy to find an example of (it's primarily used in the custom race builder), but if the CustomCost.2 tag is present on an ability like a domain, that should make the ability cost 2 slots instead of the default 1 slot. This way, you don't need any script to alter the cost of the domain. Tags are added through the Tags button on the right-hand side of the editor.

I'm afraid I'm in the middle of a project and don't have time to look up your second, third, fourth, etc. questions right now - if no-one's gotten back to you by this weekend I should be able to delve into that and refresh my memory on how this works in this game system.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TheNewProgrammer

Old September 7th, 2023, 06:43 PM
:thumbsup:
TheNewProgrammer is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 8th, 2023, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
It's not as easy to find an example of (it's primarily used in the custom race builder), but if the CustomCost.2 tag is present on an ability like a domain, that should make the ability cost 2 slots instead of the default 1 slot. This way, you don't need any script to alter the cost of the domain. Tags are added through the Tags button on the right-hand side of the editor.
Thanks, Mathias! Didn't know about that tag.

Quote:
is there any way to add cantrips to the domain spells? i can add it to the list, but I don't know how to add 0-level spells to the number of preparable domain slots.
Are you asking how to allow a cleric to prepare 0-level domain spells as they would any other level? If so, use this:

Code:
hero.childfound[cHelpClr].field[cSecMax].arrayvalue[0] += 1
Not sure about the timing, but a similar script runs at Final/10000 so I'd give that a shot.

Quote:
also, How do I add my domain to deities portfolios(?)?
Go to the genral tab in the editor. There you will see three text blocks. In the first, put the thingid of the deity you are adding the domain to. In the second, "AllowDom", and in the third the thingid of your domain. Once you create the first one you should be able to hit duplicate and it will automatically populate the 2nd and 3rd entries.

Quote:
finally, is there a way to add domain spells to the cleric's spell list?
Do you mean so they can select them as regular spells? I think the procedure for that looks like this:

Code:
perform hero.childfound[cHelpClr].assign[sClass.cdWater]
Replace cdWater with the thing id of your domain. Make sure all domain spells have this tag (if they don't already, you can use the same procedure as above to assign these tags). I would do this early. First/10000 should work.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
TheNewProgrammer

Old September 9th, 2023, 05:19 PM
Thanks! this was very helpful

#1 worked

#2, I got it to work, but not with my custom domain

#3, Same

#4, does not work for me for any domain. I already have something at first/10000 can that be an issue?

thanks for all your help!
TheNewProgrammer is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 10th, 2023, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Thanks! this was very helpful

#1 worked

#2, I got it to work, but not with my custom domain

#3, Same

#4, does not work for me for any domain. I already have something at first/10000 can that be an issue?

thanks for all your help!
Hmm...not unless they counter each other. Any chance you can post the .user file? I usually find it easier to figure out stuff like this if I can see it.
Sendric is offline   #10 Reply With Quote