Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Weissrolf

Old May 24th, 2019, 07:25 AM
Hello everyone!

I just created a Druid and tried the Gear -> Minion way of using Wildshape. Unfortunately there is a small bug that makes skills not get the correct mental ability bonus. Aka ability bonus numbers are still calculated based on the beast, not the druid.

Is there any way for me to fix this?
Weissrolf is offline   #691 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old May 24th, 2019, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
Hello everyone!

I just created a Druid and tried the Gear -> Minion way of using Wildshape. Unfortunately there is a small bug that makes skills not get the correct mental ability bonus. Aka ability bonus numbers are still calculated based on the beast, not the druid.

Is there any way for me to fix this?
Did you apply the Wildshape Adjustment to the minion? That's what brings over those ability scores.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #692 Reply With Quote
Weissrolf

Old May 24th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Yes, I did. It applies the mental scores and saves, also applies the proficiency boni to skills, but does not apply the mental bonus scores to skills. For example, Perception of a Wolf only changes from +3 to +4 when I activate the Wildshape Adjustment on a level 5 Druid with 18 Wisdom.

That's +3 proficiency bonus from the Druid instead of +2 from the Wolf, but still the same +1 Wis from the Wolf's own Wisdom score of 12 instead of +3 from the Druid's Wisdom score of 18. So the ability bonus recalculation is missing.

Furthermore I noticed that the Wildshape Adjustment needs to be turned off and on again when something is changes on the Druid main character (like a Wisdom increase or level). Else the new stats do not get updated.

Last but not least: Attuned magic items that change mental stats are taken over by the minion (Headband of Intellect), but physical item stats are not (Belt of Dwarvenkind)? Which one is the correct handling?

Last edited by Weissrolf; May 24th, 2019 at 08:38 AM.
Weissrolf is offline   #693 Reply With Quote
Kalean

Old May 24th, 2019, 09:41 AM
Taking a look at the github page, you guys have made serious progress since the last release of 2.2 in 2018.

Out of curiosity, what things do you feel are left to be done before a v2.3 release could be looked at? As a filthy casual, I would’ve thought the Wayfinder’s Guide nearing completion would ben the marker.
Kalean is offline   #694 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old May 24th, 2019, 09:47 AM
I've been doing the work on WGtE and due to illness I no longer have the ability to focus as I once did. Also, I've been spend time with the UA Artificer for my own campaign.

When I do get stuff done, I update the GIT site.

In relation to the updated UA Artificer, I am at an impass here waiting for hard coding changes required for the Half Caster to gains spells and cantrip at 1st level. WHat I have so far works, but gives red error messages and you have to add 1st level spells manually. No where near ideal.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #695 Reply With Quote
captnchuck67

Old June 1st, 2019, 06:18 AM
When was the last update to the package? Mine lists July 2018?
captnchuck67 is offline   #696 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old June 1st, 2019, 07:38 AM
https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/une...ificer-returns

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #697 Reply With Quote
Shadowhawke

Old June 3rd, 2019, 02:08 AM
Is this still being worked on? I am just curious as I find it quite valuable, but a number of hardcovers have gone by with no release. Is there a way to use a git pull for now?
Shadowhawke is offline   #698 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old June 5th, 2019, 10:42 AM
The last released update to the package was around March of 2018. We've been making a ton of fixes and updates behind the scenes, though.

Which begs the question to the other contributors: what are we shooting for to get the next release pushed? Is it just finishing the MTOF monsters?

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #699 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 5th, 2019, 04:59 PM
Mtof monsters really need to be completed. They are in but a large chunk are half baked.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #700 Reply With Quote