Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hendel

Old March 11th, 2020, 04:24 PM
I just had a question about rangers and animal companions.

Under roc it says "This companion type is not allowed for Rangers. Allowed for: Druids, Aerie Protector."

However, in the Bestiary it says "Rocs taken as animal companions by druids or rangers are typically newly hatched birds—a baby roc is the size of a person and ready for flight and hunting within minutes of hatching."

That seems to me that rocs are allowed for rangers. Am I missing something? Is this a Hero Lab oversight? Is it a judgement call?

Any help answering this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hendel is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 11th, 2020, 04:26 PM
See paizo forum about rangers optionally getting some druid ability: https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2pmdx?S...have-a-pet-Roc

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Hendel

Old March 11th, 2020, 04:35 PM
Yep, I read that and saw some differing opinions on the subject. I guess I would think that as it is stated in the Bestiary that it would need an official FAQ or errata to overcome that and not just a post by a Paizo developer as those have been proven to be very unofficial.

It is fine, but I just thought it may be an oversight more than a conscious decision on the part of Lone Wolf.
Hendel is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 12th, 2020, 01:05 AM
Bestiary 1, page 316, lists Roc as a valid choice for rangers who choose Hunter's Bond to take an animal companion.

I suspect the issue is that only a baby roc is allowed for rangers, and there isn't an entry in the HL database for a baby roc (or "Roc Companion" as listed in Bestiary 1).

Maybe needs a bug report to ask for roc companion to be added - or add one yourself in the editor :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote