Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old July 31st, 2018, 05:35 PM
The cost of magic weapons (and presumably magic armor) is not functioning as I would expect.

I am doing some work for house rules and adjustments the modern world. And there are some items I want to adjust individually in terms of price.

Without going into too much detail about how the content works there is a mechanic that multiplies the cost for everything by 10.. (adds a zero and turns it into dollars). Which obviously causes some issues.

I have found a way to override this value with the following mechanic script run at First/100

Quote:
hero.childfound[wCrsHeavy].field[sbName].text = "Antique Heavy Crossbow"

doneif (hero.tagis[source.MPMoney] = 0)
hero.childfound[wCrsHeavy].field[gSizeCost].value = 5
What this will do is prevent the cost from showing as $500 and instead show as $50. And change the name to Antique to show that the hero has selected a "legacy" or "fantasy" variation of the weapon.

The problem is while this does work it only works when adding weapons with the "OTHER WEAPONS" and not "Magic, Custom & Masterwork Weapons" I dont really know why, and dont really know how I could figure out whats going on.

Also, The name is only being changed AFTER it is added to the character sheet, not before they purchase it. While this isn't hugely an issue, I really wish it could be set up before. Perhaps its a timing issue?

And one final question, is there a way to prepend text to name or descrption as a shorthand, I know there is an #appendesc[UNIQUEID, "TEXT"] or something. Is there something for the name or for prepend.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 31st, 2018, 05:44 PM
there is amendthing, which can change name and description, but nothing else.

You could set up a custom currency to handle modern money, but the base coin used always has to have a value of 1, which means if you want to make everything 10x more expensive you're going to have to display them in terms of dimes, which is a bit odd.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 31st, 2018, 05:46 PM
Here is a thread where I give some examples of amendthing:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...highlight=dorf
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 31st, 2018, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
there is amendthing, which can change name and description, but nothing else.

You could set up a custom currency to handle modern money, but the base coin used always has to have a value of 1, which means if you want to make everything 10x more expensive you're going to have to display them in terms of dimes, which is a bit odd.
The Modern Path Content Already converts it from gold to dollars which is set at 1 silver = 1 dollar. What I want to do is be able to do is override that for some items. See my original post.

The mechanic that is being used multiplies everything by 10.. which means the price for the crossbow in the book is 50...

50 becomes 500..

so I want to set it back to 5 so it will read as $50 and name as "Archaic Heavy Crossbow" But that only works for the "Other" weapons and doesnt seem to work for "Magic, Custom, & Masterwork Weapons."
TobyFox2002 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old August 1st, 2018, 08:06 AM
Two thoughts:
1) doesn’t childfound only return the first of that item found? Could that be part of it?
2) do the magic/custom versions have different ids?

I’m not at my laptop at the moment, so I can’t look....

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 1st, 2018, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
The Modern Path Content Already converts it from gold to dollars which is set at 1 silver = 1 dollar. What I want to do is be able to do is override that for some items. See my original post.

The mechanic that is being used multiplies everything by 10.. which means the price for the crossbow in the book is 50...

50 becomes 500..

so I want to set it back to 5 so it will read as $50 and name as "Archaic Heavy Crossbow" But that only works for the "Other" weapons and doesnt seem to work for "Magic, Custom, & Masterwork Weapons."
Have you tried replacing the base item with a new version with a different starting price?
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old August 1st, 2018, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Have you tried replacing the base item with a new version with a different starting price?
Thats a large number of replacements, and working with precludes/replace thing can often cause issues with when dealing with people who dont have the source thing that is being replaced. Which, is why I wanted to avoid that route. I also, wanted to create a way to set items up so I could have two different prices.

Something, which I have sorta succeeded in doing, but as I said it doesnt show up for magic weapons (and I'd presume for magic armor) because as TC said, and I have found also, magic items using a container thing or something. I am getting the feeling that trying to alter the "base" price of that would be a rather large undertaking, and would not be as simple as a single like of code for each, like it is for non-magic items, but still. I think I'd still like to eventually take a crack at it.

As to what TC said about childfound[xxxx] only finding the first instance, wouldn't each item purchased be considered the "first" item added in each set. So I'm not sure if that would matter. If it would, then I'm quite boned, cause once again I dont know how to avoid the limitations with knowing what user owns what source material.

And since this started, I've run into a new problem of some items showing the correct only AFTER it has been added to the hero. But in the panel to purchase the item it still shows the full unmodified price. No matter what timing I use. But, that I think is a separate issue, that only seems to appear for wondrous items and gear. I will address that after my original issue has been resolved.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote