Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

wtripp

Old May 20th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I am about to delve into the Authoring Kit but wanted to check quickly to avoid a duplication of effort. Are there plans to incorporate the information from the Pathfinder Chronicles books such as the Ioun Stones found in the Pathfinder Society book or the extra devils in the Princes of Darkness book?

Thanks!
wtripp is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old May 20th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I have been working on Seeker of Secrets. I have added the spells and items from it. I have added the feats - but only Boon Companion is set up correctly as of right now. I have also added the magic items, but have noticed things might not be all that correct (like the Pathfinder Pouch, which can act like a bag of holding - which I don't think I did).
Because there are so many of the Ioun Stones in SoS, I figured I'd add those in later, after I'd figured out the rest of SoS and making sure it was correct.
However, I am more than willing to send you the .user file if you would like to use that as a base (or to help correct the items).

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 20th, 2010, 10:47 AM
My current plan is to do the Adventure's Armory, but in small pieces. I am doing all the weapons currently and then armor. As I am short on time I will release smaller .user files instead of waiting until I have the whole book done like before.

I can already tell a few items are going to be really fun to script.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wtripp

Old May 20th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the replies! Just the quick glance I've taken at the scripting has me shivering in my boots but I'm more than willing to give it a shot. Once upon a time, I was a programmer so here's hoping it's like riding a bike -- a little wobbly at first but then it comes back to you. hehe

I'd love to see what you've done, if nothing else to use as a jump start for my own endeavors. I, too, am more than willing to share once I get rolling.
wtripp is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
wtripp

Old May 20th, 2010, 12:35 PM
One other question... do I need to purchase the Savage Worlds in order to get to the Authoring Kit? Sorry for the newbie question.
wtripp is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
wtripp

Old May 20th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Argh! Nevermind on that last question... I answered it myself.
wtripp is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Theocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to Theocrat

Old May 20th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I've done a couple of things with the Adventurer's Armory. I've been working on the Scizore - but don't have it complete (I copied the Thing Armor Klar for the armor aspect). I can give you what I've done so that you can either fix it or use it as a base.

Theocrat Issak
Las Vegas Lodge Gaming Agent
PFSTheocrat@gmail.com
Theocrat is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 28th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
I've done a couple of things with the Adventurer's Armory. I've been working on the Scizore - but don't have it complete (I copied the Thing Armor Klar for the armor aspect). I can give you what I've done so that you can either fix it or use it as a base.
Thanks Theocrat, but I guess I missed when you said this.

I finished inputting and scripting all the weapons from the Adventurer's Armory and uploaded the .user file up to d20pfsrd.

Its funny how one line of an ability is so easy to write, but so much harder to script. In a few places I had to make my best guess for how a rule was to work as I couldn't find anything official. Turns out the errata for this book won't be released until they print the 2nd run of it.

If anyone finds something I am off on compared to an official ruling I am happy to try and fix. Just point me in the right direction with preferably a link to the paizo forums.

Figure I will do the armors next, then feats and traits, and finally the adventuring gear......

If anyone wanted to help out by just inputting all the Text for the Adventuring Gear it would be most appreciated. Then I can then just focus on the scripts. If anyone does this just add Pc as part of the Unique ID to help keep things unique. For example the Area Map would be gPcAreaMap.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Virtue

Old May 29th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post

If anyone wanted to help out by just inputting all the Text for the Adventuring Gear it would be most appreciated. Then I can then just focus on the scripts. If anyone does this just add Pc as part of the Unique ID to help keep things unique. For example the Area Map would be gPcAreaMap.
The text I have been doing for my monsters works well when you cut and paste off the PDFs
Virtue is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 29th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
The text I have been doing for my monsters works well when you cut and paste off the PDFs
Very true. As I purchased the actual book I have been using the text from d20pfsrd, but still takes time that I am short on is all. So figured it certainly can't hurt to ask.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote