Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 18th, 2014, 09:32 AM
For those who have been wanting a quicker, easier way to obtain updates from me, here is the way to do so. Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, and Ravenloft (along with planned additional 3.5 conversion) at your fingertips with a few simple steps.

RavenX Data Repository information:

1) To get updates from the repository, start up Hero Lab. Click "Find Updates" in the lower right side of the configuration screen that pops up asking what game system you'd like to load. When the updates screen pops up, click "Add Source" followed by "New Source" and add the following link into the box that pops up.

2) The updates URL is:

Code:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6op8shuwxgby0p5/updates.xml?dl=1&token_hash=AAEQF4Dm07LSb3jdL2rnMMVmur9IHPZ2l6MPqu8oYJozig
3) Click ok, then Restart Hero Lab and click on the Find Updates button and near the bottom of the list you will find the new "RavenX - " data sets available.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 18th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Bug Reporting Important, Please Read:
Each data file set currently has its own bug reporting thread with instructions for reporting the bugs. I check these threads before releasing data to make bug fixes. Please follow the instructions carefully when reporting bugs.

Dark Sun Bug Reports go to this thread.

Forgotten Realms Bug Reports go this thread.

Ravenloft Bug Reports go to this thread.

In regards to bug reports: When you report bugs, please do not post things like "I have a game in X hours" if you encounter errors or bugs. While I try to get bugs fixed as quickly as possible, sometimes I do not have time to get to them straight away. You will just have to make due until I get around to fixing them. I am a one person coding team here, so I can't just drop what I am doing to fix bugs for someone as soon as they're found. Just report the bugs and I will add them to my to-do list for the appropriate game setting. I thank you in advance for your patience regarding this matter.

Release Notes will be added to the thread for the game system when new releases are pushed out.
Release notes for each game system can be found in the following threads:

Dark Sun: Can be found in this thread.
Dragonlance: Can be found in this thread.
Forgotten Realms: Are located in this thread.
Ravenloft: Is located in this thread.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; June 4th, 2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: problem solved
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 18th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Hm. After configuring the new source and updating Ravenloft, FR, and Dark Sun, I'm getting errors when loading Pathfinder in Hero Lab - I think something got crossed up.

Edit to Add : I can't see any user sources now, so everything tossing load errors.
candidgamera is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 18th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candidgamera View Post
Hm. After configuring the new source and updating Ravenloft, FR, and Dark Sun, I'm getting errors when loading Pathfinder in Hero Lab - I think something got crossed up.

Edit to Add : I can't see any user sources now, so everything tossing load errors.
Did you remove the Ravenloft files: vistani.user and gazetteer.user?

RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 18th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Did you remove the Ravenloft files: vistani.user and gazetteer.user?
Yeah, but I didn't remove the other version of the FR files, that's what the error spew is nagging me about. I should clear all the FR stuff and redownload.
candidgamera is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 18th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candidgamera View Post
Yeah, but I didn't remove the other version of the FR files, that's what the error spew is nagging me about. I should clear all the FR stuff and redownload.
Yeah you want hero lab to overwrite the existing files. Then it should be ok. If you've got duplicates, just remove them all (except for monster ones you've done).

RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 30th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Sometime in the next few weeks, I will be adding my Dragonlance setting conversion file to the list of updates. This will not contain a lot of material on initial release, but it will include Kender and a few other things for the setting for interested parties. PM me if there is anything from the Setting book that you'd like me to work on. (Unfortunately, I do not own copies of every book in this line, you'll be getting material only from the core setting book in the initial release).

In addition to the dragonlance announcement, I'd like to also announce a 3.5 conversion release. I am planning on making available the spells from Frostburn once I finish adding in spell summaries to them (Other elements will be added to the data as time permits). There is also a planned addition of the Spell Compendium (data by Jobe00). These will be released as soon as the data is ready.

Last edited by RavenX; March 30th, 2014 at 06:54 PM.
RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Schedim

Old April 22nd, 2014, 01:16 AM
<Snip>

Wonderful job with the FR conversion!

Last edited by Schedim; April 22nd, 2014 at 01:47 AM. Reason: the problem solved it self
Schedim is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 22nd, 2014, 02:37 AM
Thank you, I still have a long way to go with the Forgotten Realms data, but it has come a very long way since I started. Brannum and Willis have helped greatly with this project and contributed large chunks of data that has sped the process along.

My current goal is to finish the fixes to my old Dragonlance races file and get that data ready for player use.

RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
koesherbacon

Old April 24th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I’m getting the following error when I try to load your Ravenloft file:

"The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will not attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal and correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing ‘rRvHalfVis’ - Bootstrap thing ‘fcHumRogFR’ does not exist."

If it makes a difference, I’m also using these Third-Party updates (and their version w/ files):
  • Community Bestiary Package (V2.19, 192 files)
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (V2.1, 16 files)
  • Ultimate Psionics Package (V2.3, 15 files)
  • ShadowChemosh’s Adjustments (V2.8, 2 files)

I’m also using the Hero Lab for OS X, version 5.1; and the Pathfinder game system, version 9.0.

Do you have any suggestions for how I could get your Ravenloft updates to work?

Thanks a lot!
koesherbacon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote