Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 26th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunctional_apps View Post
I've never played a game with Psionics so trying to figure out what I need to do to support them. Unfortunately what with Christmas and work and everything I've not got very far.

Not giving up though!
The frame work was built by LW but the data is done by the community. So you need to go to THIS post and setup the Community Servers. Then you can download the Ultimate Psionics package and make a test character like a Psion.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old December 27th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The frame work was built by LW but the data is done by the community. So you need to go to THIS post and setup the Community Servers. Then you can download the Ultimate Psionics package and make a test character like a Psion.
Thanks ShadowChemosh!
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old December 28th, 2014, 04:17 PM
ShadowChemosh:

I just had a look at this for My app as well, and while the statblock view is working well with psionics, there are some major challenges to getting it to work with the dynamic view that I'm sure Dysfunctional will also find, namely a number of the psionic features are just not in the xml out files that we are using to generate this view.

Something that may help us is if you know of a custom output sheet that works well with Psionics as this might provide some insight that I'm not getting from the XML.
Philderbeast is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 28th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
I just had a look at this for My app as well, and while the statblock view is working well with psionics, there are some major challenges to getting it to work with the dynamic view that I'm sure Dysfunctional will also find, namely a number of the psionic features are just not in the xml out files that we are using to generate this view.
The stuff that is missing is that the Powers (ie Detect Psionics)? Looking at the XML I see they are being outputted in the <trackedresources> element only and not in a nice way like Spells are.

Quote:
Something that may help us is if you know of a custom output sheet that works well with Psionics as this might provide some insight that I'm not getting from the XML.
Actually I don't as I have been more worried about getting stuff into HL not out on paper. Plus in this section (custom output ie XML) I have no controls at all and its all up to LW actually.

I know currently Powers are not even supported on the official iPad app actually. So these all maybe just features coming down the road. So you maybe in the same boat of saying you can only output as much data as LW is giving you.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old December 28th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I found the powers, but I did notice that they don't give a number of uses they have available (its coming up as 0/0 uses so you wont be able to track them).

however there are no spell DC's, no powers per day etc.

with the way I'm designing my output you will see the powers listed but you will get no information about them so I'm not sure how useful that will be.
Philderbeast is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old December 31st, 2014, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
I found the powers, but I did notice that they don't give a number of uses they have available (its coming up as 0/0 uses so you wont be able to track them).

however there are no spell DC's, no powers per day etc.

with the way I'm designing my output you will see the powers listed but you will get no information about them so I'm not sure how useful that will be.
I sent Colen a message about some bits of missing info in the xml statblock previously and he was quite receptive, I might send him an email about this as well
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #36 Reply With Quote