Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 21st, 2009, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Hi again,

I had a feeling something was not "right" about a character HL (with UP supplement) was letting me build.

It allowed me to pile on Power Drawbacks (Power not Character) and reduce the FINAL cost of some powers to - and some even gave me points back!

That's a no-no per UP, page 108. The minimum cost for a Power is 1 point no matter how it is constructed. It is true that you can get more bang for your buck due to "fractional costs" BUT the point remains, you have to spend at least one point for that Power.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hope this is in time for the next update to the software.

Keep up the good work,
Nigel Fogg, The Wayfarer
Well, hate to be going back to this old post from last July but I just discovered that HL still let's a person pile on Drawbacks & end up EARNING power points. lol

For example: Strike 4 costs 4 points. Put 6 points worth of Drawbacks on it and it doesn't stop at a cost of 1 it rolls on to a value of -2 thus getting you are refund which is not legal. If you make it Strike 4 with a Power Flaw then you only need 3 points of Drawbacks to get to the -2 value. Oops.

Nigel Fogg, aka, The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2009, 11:42 AM
Strange, I thought I'd fixed that. I'll double check and see what's going on.

Thanks for the other bug report, I'll get that resolved. I'll also see if I can add a "limit array rank to power level" optional rule. It's a house rule, but I can see why you'd do it, and it shouldn't be a lot of work.
Colen is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old December 21st, 2009, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Strange, I thought I'd fixed that. I'll double check and see what's going on.

Thanks for the other bug report, I'll get that resolved. I'll also see if I can add a "limit array rank to power level" optional rule. It's a house rule, but I can see why you'd do it, and it shouldn't be a lot of work.
Colen,

You did fix it for the Power Flaws. It's the gremlin of Power Drawbacks that is still at fault.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old January 6th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the update yesterday.

Quick questions: why does Color Control now have an "affects:____" drop-down selector box? Why does said box come up with "nothing to select!" when you try to accomodate it?

Sorry to be so picky.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:40 PM
No idea - I may have screwed up a copy & paste while I was fixing stuff for the last update. Thanks for the report, I'll get this fixed.
Colen is offline   #45 Reply With Quote