Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Xyemox

Old October 13th, 2014, 02:47 PM
I apologize if this has already been answered I could not find anything about it via search.

I have created some topics for an adventure but now I need to do some more granular organization. is there a way to nest an existing topic into a new top created for better data organization?

thanks
Xyemox is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
llothos

Old October 15th, 2014, 06:38 AM
When you go into your topic in question you should see on the right there is something that says container. You should be able to change the container to the newer higher level one.
If I'm understanding correctly what you mean you for example have a topic let's say called Dallas which is a major city in your adventure but then later you decide to create another topic called Texas and you want to put more topics within and you want to take your Dallas topic and put it under Texas. All youshould have to do is change the container to be Texas. This would nest your Dallas topic and anything under it in the Texas topic.

I could have completely misunderstood your question but if not I gore this helps.
llothos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old October 15th, 2014, 08:13 AM
This.

The easiest way to do this is to create the topics under the container you're talking about.

So let's say you have geography as your group of topics.

US
each State
each City within the state.

1. Create U.S.
2. Save it and then right click it on the left, and select create new topic within US (or very similar to that)
3. Enter your State
4. Repeat 2 for each State
5. Click a State and select create new topic within <State>
6. Enter you City
7. Repeat as needed.

NOW, if you already have all your city's and states in the program, but they're not in topics, you can EASILY add them to containers. It just takes a bit of time.

1. Go to a city topic
2. On the Right side, near the top is a Container section.
3. Click the add container button (I think it's a Plus icon, I'm not in front of my computer)
4. In the popup, select the State you want the city in.
5. Save
6. Go to the next city.

I did this second method when entering my RotRL data....I really wished I'd created them within their containers like the first instructions. It's easy, but mind-numbing to go through EVERY SINGLE shop in the starting city and move them each into containers one by one. Pain in the butt.
Pollution is offline   #3 Reply With Quote