Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Philderbeast

Old December 27th, 2014, 04:32 PM
ok with the feature survey and my own frustrations at features that have been promised and still not delivered I went to have a look at the kick starter so see what else has not been delivered from the original package that was funded.

* GMs can share their creations through the cloud for use by others.

* GMs can browse the work of others and integrate it into their own worlds. Imagine being able to find a pre-made encounter, or a tavern, or an entire region with adventures and NPCs. Drop it into your own world, change a few names, hook it into locations in your world, and it’s fully integrated for use. No scribbled notes. No Post-Its. No juggling between PDFs, books, and your own files. Realm Works is built from the ground up for exactly this purpose.

* material from Never Unprepared fully integrated into Realm Works

* all 1,000 NPCs from Masks fully integrated into Realm Works

* all 501 plots from Eureka fully integrated into Realm Works

* The Grande Temple of Jing fully integrated into Realm Works

Now I can't speak for everyone here. but the first two on the list ate reasons I bought realm works, and with you having released the player edition and started the clock on our included time for the could access I'm starting to get a little peeved at the lack of these features, particularly noting the delays I'm glad that I did not back the kick starter as its not coming on 18 months PAST the ETA for the original due date for this project to have these things available.

Now I understand that delays happen for a number of reasons with staff leaving etc, however can we get an ETA on these features being added as its starting to seem like they will never come.

Also are there any plans to address the cloud access subscription time for users that are waiting for you to add these features to use the product? having the player edition is nice, but until I have access to content the cloud service is still unusable for me, and I'm sure I am not the only person in this position.
Philderbeast is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old December 27th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Everything you are listing will come with the marketplace. That feature is coming in just a few more months I believe. I'm guessing by June.

This program is already amazing. The marketplace will make it all but perfect.

I'm excited too, but patience is a virtue. Having the marketplace without giving users a chance to learn the program would be chaotic at best. Plus, it takes a ton of manhours to input all that data.

Don't be upset, be excited, like me.
Pollution is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 27th, 2014, 10:39 PM
By the sounds of it they'll be 20-24 months overdue before the Kickstarter is actually fulfilled.... I'll bite my tongue as to how I really feel on this topic.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old December 28th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Pollution.

I'm really struggling to find something to be excited about. by the time the market place comes about (THE main feature that makes this program truly exciting) I wont be able to use it without it costing me more money for a subscription to the cloud service.
Philderbeast is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old December 28th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
by the time the market place comes about (THE main feature that makes this program truly exciting) I wont be able to use it without it costing me more money for a subscription to the cloud service.

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about this too.

I'm patiently waiting for the features that I bought the program for, but it looks like I'll have to re-up in order to see them.
MaxSupernova is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old December 28th, 2014, 11:54 AM
I do understand your feelings. But you know how development goes. If I would be really unhappy I would try to sell my license (if the license allows it, I did not check)

I'm sure if the package ends and they have nothing ready, they will shell out some "offer" for the cloud.
Acenoid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 29th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
By the sounds of it they'll be 20-24 months overdue before the Kickstarter is actually fulfilled.... I'll bite my tongue as to how I really feel on this topic.
I agree.. and some of these "features" were "already in place" according to the Kickstarter.
VERY VERY hard to justify charging additional cloud time to users that were supportive and have yet to receive features integral to its use.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old December 29th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
I agree.. and some of these "features" were "already in place" according to the Kickstarter.
VERY VERY hard to justify charging additional cloud time to users that were supportive and have yet to receive features integral to its use.
Yep, I can't imagine paying for cloud service until the marketplace is fully operational.
meek75 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 29th, 2014, 05:21 PM
We're more than a few months past due. But on the plus side, RW is coming along and with the Player Version release LWD noted they have several extra pieces in place which sounded promising at that time. Plus, LWD has had a solid 18-24 months of time to input the stretch goals and standardize them so they are all very consistent in presentation.

I really expect all of the stretch goals to be available for download when the Marketplace opens. And that they are shining examples for us to draw inspiration from. And that they are the gold standard to which all future material that doesn't have over a year of input and polish time will strive to achieve. I can't wait to see how every single feature of RW is utilized to its fullest in each of the kickstarter releases.
AEIOU is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 29th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Plus, LWD has had a solid 18-24 months of time to input the stretch goals and standardize them so they are all very consistent in presentation.

I really expect all of the stretch goals to be available for download when the Marketplace opens. And that they are shining examples for us to draw inspiration from. And that they are the gold standard to which all future material that doesn't have over a year of input and polish time will strive to achieve. I can't wait to see how every single feature of RW is utilized to its fullest in each of the kickstarter releases.
No pressure, Chris!

Last edited by Aaron; December 29th, 2014 at 06:19 PM.
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote