Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

CWheezy

Old November 13th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Hello! I have noticed that if you are a character with weapon finesse, your displayed CMB will be wrong for manuevers using your weapon. Also, things like weapon training don't seem to apply as well.

For example, this lore warden

Whipper joe
Human fighter (lore warden) 5 (Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Pathfinder Society Field Guide)
LG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +6; Senses Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 16, flat-footed 10 (+6 Dex)
hp 39 (5d10+5)
Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +1
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee whip +12 (1d3+1 nonlethal)
Special Attacks weapon training (flails +1)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 23, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +5; CMB +7 (+9 dirty trick, +9 disarm, +9 trip); CMD 23 (25 vs. dirty trick, 25 vs. disarm, 25 vs. trip)
Feats Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (whip), Improved Dirty Trick, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Weapon Finesse
Languages Common
Other Gear whip, 150 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Combat Expertise +/-2 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Improved Dirty Trick You don't provoke attacks of opportunity when performing a dirty trick.
Improved Disarm You don't provoke attacks of opportunity when disarming.
Improved Trip You don't provoke attacks of opportunity when tripping.
Weapon Training (Flails) +1 (Ex) +1 Attack, Damage, CMB, CMD with Flails

Should have a cmb of +16 to trip, disarm, or dirty trick(5 bab, 6 dex, 2 manuever training, 2 feat, 1 weapon training, 1 magic weapon), when it lists his cmb as +9. Any idea when this will be updated, or as an option to use your weapon for manuevers?
CWheezy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 13th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Unfortunately, implementing weapon-by-weapon tracking of CMBs is a project that's still on our to-do list, I'm sorry to say.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CWheezy

Old November 13th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Unfortunately, implementing weapon-by-weapon tracking of CMBs is a project that's still on our to-do list, I'm sorry to say.
Well I am glad you are working on it!

Do you think you add a message somewhere saying that weapon cmb is not added yet? I think that would help clear up any confusiong
CWheezy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old November 13th, 2014, 07:18 PM
ShadowChemosh has an Adjustment that works backwards from your attack bonus with a weapon to find your CMB with that weapon, so it includes things like Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus by default. But for me, the math doesn't work right when you have something like power attack, and it always seems to add +1 more from Enhancement bonuses than it should.

I'm working on an Adjustment that starts with your base CMB and adds things like the weapon's Enhancement bonus, the bonus for the Disarm weapon special, etc. I'm having a bit of trouble with Weapon Finesse, because I only want it to apply to the maneuvers you can use a weapon with.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
pickin_grinnin

Old November 27th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Oh, wow, I wish I had known that! Some of my character's actions in our campaign may have succeeded if I knew to make that adjustment manually.

What else isn't working?
pickin_grinnin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old November 27th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Actually I think ShadowChemosh's adjustment was recently updated to correct those errors I mentioned. His is by far the more reliable source.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
morval

Old November 27th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I think this would be a very good thing to implement.

I've been doing some research on Combat Maneuvers for my Eidolon that has the Snatch Feat and a Magic Fang. I had assumed that spell adjustments like Heroism, Prayer, etc, that add to your attack roll would simply be added to the CMB's, but now I see why not. Having to remember to add these all manually each time isn't fun.

I noticed Magic Fang isn't adding to the creature's Grapple CMB. As per the FAQ Blog at Paizo from what I can see straight from one of the designers, if the grapple check was initiated by an attack because of the Grab ability then all bonuses on that attack to hit also apply to the grapple check.

Again I realize its probably because you aren't listing a specific weapon's CMB, but the general CMB. So if he was just trying a regular grapple he wouldn't get magic Fang, but a grapple from the Grab ability he should. Again this is hard to manually remember to add. Would love it if we had individual weapon CMB's for the possible Combat Maneuvers!

But awesome program as always! Can have everything...Yet!!!
morval is offline   #7 Reply With Quote