Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which game systems would you most like to see supported by Hero Lab?
RIFTS 75 21.01%
Rogue Trader 84 23.53%
Scion 63 17.65%
Shadowrun 138 38.66%
Song of Ice & Fire 54 15.13%
True20 46 12.89%
UniSystem (Buffy & Conspiracy X RPG) 40 11.20%
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 78 21.85%
WoD: Hunter 71 19.89%
WoD: Mage 89 24.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 357. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 20th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Shadowrun is being worked on now.
FifthWanderer is offline   #31
jonbartels

Old July 21st, 2010, 04:01 AM
is it possible to reset the poll now that shadowrun has been started?
jonbartels is offline   #32
Bryangustaf

Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
I think WoD: Geist & WoD: Inferno should be added to the poll in addition to Hunter & Mage.
Bryangustaf is offline   #33
ChaosInc80

Old August 9th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbartels View Post
is it possible to reset the poll now that shadowrun has been started?
I don't think it will matter if it's reset or not. Although I'm a strong supporter of Shadowrun over Exalted, by my count Exalted actually "won" the vote.

Yet Shadowrun is the next system.....

Can we get a little light on this decision? I'm not trying to start a flamefest, but we were given the appearance that the poll was a waste of time.
ChaosInc80 is offline   #34
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 9th, 2010, 09:32 AM
^_^ Not an employee, so this is not an official answer, but my understanding from other forum topics is that they started adapting Shadowrun years ago. Financial troubles with Catalyst Games has delayed actually releasing it. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Shadowrun release predates the poll's results, or even the poll itself.
Duggan is offline   #35
flamepulse

Old August 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Shadowrun was i negotiations before the poll started. things have been delayed on it because of said financial troubles with catalyst.

I doubt the poll has any bearing on when things will be made, they are jsut using it as data to determine where to focus their efforts in getting deals made.
flamepulse is offline   #36
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInc80 View Post
I don't think it will matter if it's reset or not. Although I'm a strong supporter of Shadowrun over Exalted, by my count Exalted actually "won" the vote.

Yet Shadowrun is the next system.....

Can we get a little light on this decision? I'm not trying to start a flamefest, but we were given the appearance that the poll was a waste of time.
As Duggan pointed out, the poll tells us where we should focus our efforts in talking to potential licensors. However, there are many additional factors that come into play when working out a license with someone. One obvious factor is the financial details. In the case of White Wolf, there are other factors involved. White Wolf is gearing up for some major announcements at their Grand Masquerade event next month. Sometimes, licensing and partnership announcements are timed to coincide with such events, and other times major announcements result in secondary licensing arrangements being put on hold until after the announcements. All I can say is that external factors are at work with respect to White Wolf, so please stay tuned (and patient).
rob is offline   #37
MarkNorfolk

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowchaser View Post
I would love to see DC Heroes, and Torg and/or Masterbook. I've been trying to teach myself the Authoring Kit, but it's slow going. I understand some of the concepts, but the examples in the wiki are a little hard for me to follow. I'm probably just dense.

Anyway, Torg, Masterbook, DC Heroes (or Blood of Heroes) would be games I'd like to see. Though, as they're all defunct, I doubt you'll be able to get licenses for 'em...
I'd love to see a Torg in Herolab. But its old, OOP and the shear number of options and crossover rules make it a challenge, but if they can do it for Shadowrun...... (no chance of that being 2nd edition I suppose).

Cheers
Mark
MarkNorfolk is offline   #38
Spikey

Old August 31st, 2010, 02:27 PM
Scion would be a great help (but a huge undertaking). As a cross reference heavy system it could truly benefit from HeroLab's tracking during character creation and in play.

I'd also love to see an Eden studios / Unisystem support (even though that comment probbaly ought to go in the A-M section).

I'd also like to suggest heroLab support for the Old World of Darkness/storyteller system. It may be out of print but the generally accepted wisdom is that there are still far more people playing that than there are playing the New World of Darkness.

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible.
- Bertrand Russell
Spikey is offline   #39
RedBeardSean

Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Scion would be a great help (but a huge undertaking). As a cross reference heavy system it could truly benefit from HeroLab's tracking during character creation and in play.
I tried to get this together myself, but didn't get far before finding I simply haven't the skills. So, I'm still hoping that Exalted is next, with Scion piggy-backed for similarity (though I don't play Exalted).
RedBeardSean is offline   #40
Closed Thread