Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

silks

Old July 21st, 2010, 05:09 AM
Ahh yes thanks, it appears I fail at forums

Silks
silks is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 21st, 2010, 05:15 AM
Also, the Zero/signature level spells for the new Lores needs to take into account the Dark Elves, High Elves and Chaos Zero level spells or abilities.

When I take my Dark Elves then choose Death for example, I have the 6 spells listed along with Power of Darkness. The Death signature spell is left off the list most likely due to my innate ability PoD.

Probably need to make the race specific innate abilities "000" or something like that, so they don't mess with the BRB spells. Power of Darkness, Drain Magic, etc.

Also, Each BRB lore has its Lore Attribute as well. Maybe make it spell "00" or something like that.

Signature spell is "0" Spirit Leech
Lore attribute is "00" Life Leech
Race specific ability "000" Power of Darkness

may have to go the opposite direction making "0" Signature spell, 7 Lore attribute and 8 the race specific ability.

Last edited by Romulus68; July 21st, 2010 at 05:22 AM.
Romulus68 is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 21st, 2010, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth35 View Post
bonsoir,

pour les bannières, c'est ok. En effet, un message d'avertissement s'affiche dans le menu point d'exclamation si je choisis une bannière magique sans porte étendard.

Merci pour l'explication
In English......

Hey,

for banners, it's ok. Indeed, a warning message appears in the menu exclamation point if I choose a banner without magic standard bearer.

Thank you for the explanation
Romulus68 is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 21st, 2010, 05:41 AM
Hmm, Power of Darkness shouldn't overrule that, but yes I have actually been using Dark Elves as my test subjects and never noticed that.
I'll add it to the pile of bugs to fix - thanks
silks is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 21st, 2010, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silks View Post
Hmm, Power of Darkness shouldn't overrule that, but yes I have actually been using Dark Elves as my test subjects and never noticed that.
I think the spell system runs from 0 then upwards in the count. We may have to use the higher series of numbers to account for the additions.

When the Dark Elf book came out I spear headed the updates on it, it was a challenge to say the least. I don't envy you!

**EDIT** It would probably be easier to add the Signature Spell and Lore Attribute as spell number 7 & 8 as the Zero level stuff is already programed and working.

Last edited by Romulus68; July 21st, 2010 at 06:28 AM.
Romulus68 is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 21st, 2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silks View Post
Purple Sun of Xeres (Death).......getting this message on PDF output and when printed: Vortex.[Undefined String: RemainsIn]
Romulus68 is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
epicwargamer

Old July 21st, 2010, 06:48 AM
First of all let me say thank you all for all of your hard work making this update happen.

Some questions:

How is the AB Data File going % wise?
Is this update to 8th edition going to take an unusually long time?
And where will it be available for download?

Thanks,

Epicwargamer.
epicwargamer is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Romulus68

Old July 21st, 2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicwargamer View Post
First of all let me say thank you all for all of your hard work making this update happen.

Some questions:

And where will it be available for download?

Thanks,

Epicwargamer.

Latest Version: http://www.4shared.com/file/Ys2FErVs...antasy_8th.htm

Also, I think its under tools. TURN OFF THE DEBUGGING or the file will not load.
Romulus68 is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 21st, 2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicwargamer View Post
I'd say the bulk of the work is done - it's nearly at the point of just fixing bugs - which will mainly be scratching our heads rather than typing... this is why we're releasing it incrementally so at least people have something to use while we're fixing things.
As for an unusually long time - I have no idea, I've never worked on any of these before so I don't know what is a usual time. We'll have it done as quickly as we can (as our free time dictates).

Silks
silks is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old July 21st, 2010, 11:58 AM
Oh yeah; here's a bug I noticed; in the Empire list, I selected a Wizard Lord then tried to give him a Talisman. The list that came up has two "talisman of Protection" entries with slightly different summaries.

Also, the Talisman of Endurance and the Talisman of Preservation each have slight errors in their description; "+5 ward" instead of "5+ Ward Save" and "+4 Ward Save" instead of "4+ Ward Save" respectively.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #70 Reply With Quote