Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

xkaliburr

Old April 27th, 2015, 07:56 PM
I needed to get this put together for a gaming session soon. I can shoot it to you guys as soon as I am done for the community set. I need a bit of help with the coding.

1.) How to add a new spell level per level. I stole this from the Enlightened fist, and altered it to be divine, but how
2.) I added class special ability fast movement, stolen from the scout, but it does not seem to actually increase the speed. Where can I make the edits for that.
3.) Any idea on what to do with sacred fire. I have no idea how to create that at all.

I know, that's most of the class right there, but at least I got the blindsense, I hope.
xkaliburr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 27th, 2015, 08:41 PM
1> This one can be accomplished in the new class you're creating in the editor. there are to buttons that allow you to modify the spells available and the how they progress by level. see below.

2> ITs difficult to help on this without knowing what was added and where. It could be a timing issue (as is often the case) or the code you "cannibalized" is looking for old reference points as it relates to the scout. Sendric, Fox of Shadow are better at defining the exact code smith wording, but without seeing what you are doing its difficult to help. I would suggest a sampling of your code or a link to the User file so its clear what is being done and the goal to accomplish.

3>
Not sure what you are referencing... is this Smite of Sacred Fire from the "Forge of War"
http://dndtools.pw/spells/forge-war-...ed-fire--3558/

Hope it helps
Attached Images
File Type: png Question 1.png (381.1 KB, 59 views)
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 28th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaliburr View Post
2.) I added class special ability fast movement, stolen from the scout, but it does not seem to actually increase the speed. Where can I make the edits for that.
As Dark Lord Galen said above, we'll need more info here. Can you provide the code you used and the timing? If you don't know what I mean by this, then posting your .user file would probably be best.

Also, a description of the ability might help to make sure we don't get any of the particulars wrong.

Quote:
3.) Any idea on what to do with sacred fire. I have no idea how to create that at all.
Please provide a description of this ability.
Sendric is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
xkaliburr

Old April 29th, 2015, 06:22 PM
OK, I got issue 1 working. If there is a descrepency between text and table, do you think I should go with text. That's what I have for now.

Issue 2- It is +10 to land speed at level 3, plus 20 at 6, and plus 30 at 8 Here is the script I poached, I changed the instance fro HelpSct to Help SCF

var result as number
~ If we fail the test for being speedy, get out
if (hero.tagis[Encumbered.Heavy] + hero.tagis[Encumbered.Medium] > 0) then
result = assign[Helper.SpcDisable]
done
elseif (hero.tagis[Hero.HeavyArmor] <> 0) then
elseif (hero.tagis[Hero.MedArmor] <> 0) then
done
endif

~ We passed, so set our bonus
var level as number
level = hero.child[cHelpSCF].field[cTotalLev].value

var bonus as number
if (level >= 8) then
bonus = 30
elseif (level >= 6) then
bonus = 20
elseif (level >= 3) then
bonus = 10
endif

~ Add an Enhancement Bonus to our speed
hero.child[Speed].field[BonEnhance].value = maximum(hero.child[Speed].field[BonEnhance].value, bonus)

~ Set our names
field[livename].text = "Fast Movement +" & bonus & ""
field[xSumm].text = "+" & bonus & " enhancement bonus to speed when in Light armor and unencumbered"

3.) Here is the description of the ability.

Sacred Flames (Su): At 4th level, a sacred fist may use a standard action to invoke sacred flames around his hands and feet. These flames add to the sacred fist's unarmed damage. The additional damage is equal to the sacred fist's class level plus his Wisdom modifier (if any). Half the damage is fire damage (round up), and the rest is sacred energy and thus not subject to effects that reduce fire damage. The sacred flames last 1 minute and can be invoked once per day. At 8th level, a sacred fist can invoke sacred flames twice per day.

Thanks guys for the help.
xkaliburr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old April 30th, 2015, 05:12 AM
Quote:
OK, I got issue 1 working. If there is a descrepency between text and table, do you think I should go with text. That's what I have for now.

Issue 2- It is +10 to land speed at level 3, plus 20 at 6, and plus 30 at 8 Here is the script I poached, I changed the instance fro HelpSct to Help SCF
The code looks ok enough to work. However, you didn't list the timing. By that, I mean the phase and priority. These are critical to getting a script to work properly. The Scout ability is using Final Phase (Users)/100. I would recommend setting your script to the same time to see if it works.

Quote:
3.) Here is the description of the ability.

Sacred Flames (Su): At 4th level, a sacred fist may use a standard action to invoke sacred flames around his hands and feet. These flames add to the sacred fist's unarmed damage. The additional damage is equal to the sacred fist's class level plus his Wisdom modifier (if any). Half the damage is fire damage (round up), and the rest is sacred energy and thus not subject to effects that reduce fire damage. The sacred flames last 1 minute and can be invoked once per day. At 8th level, a sacred fist can invoke sacred flames twice per day.

Thanks guys for the help.
This doesn't look too bad. You will need to set up an Activation Name, then create a script that adds damage to Unarmed Strike when activated. Something like:

Post-Attributes/10000
Code:
if (field[hIsOn1].value <> 0) then
 var bonus as number
 bonus = field[xTotalLev].value + hero.child[aWIS].field[aModBonus].value
 hero.childfound[wUnarmed].field[wDamBonus].value += bonus
endif
That's off the top of my head, so give it a try and let me know if it doesn't work. We may have to play around with the timing, but since you need to use your Wisdom bonus, it has to occur post-attributes or later.
Sendric is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
xkaliburr

Old April 30th, 2015, 05:25 PM
OK, timing is at the recomended amount, and in edit timing it shows After Scripts: Encumber Final.
xkaliburr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 1st, 2015, 04:44 AM
Quote:
OK, timing is at the recomended amount, and in edit timing it shows After Scripts: Encumber Final.
I'm sorry. I don't understand what this means. Where are you seeing Encumber Final? I'm not familiar with that.

Edit: Nevermind. That's new. It would appear that the recent update to HL has provided more information for timing stuff. Since your script is checking encumbrance, it's good that it is running after Encumber Final. Anyway, does the script work now?

Last edited by Sendric; May 1st, 2015 at 04:47 AM.
Sendric is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 24th, 2019, 11:20 PM
I was looking to to play a sacred fist and I noticed it isn't an options. Has anyone finished it?
Thanks
Provos is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old September 24th, 2019, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provos View Post
I was looking to to play a sacred fist and I noticed it isn't an options. Has anyone finished it?
Thanks
You could send a private message to xkaliburr, and ask if they could share their user file. I note that they haven't been active on the forums since posting the above messages, so you may not get a reply.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Provos

Old September 26th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Thanks Dami. I will message them but not holding out hope.
Provos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote