Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dragonrage5454

Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:21 PM
I noticed that wielding a great weapon while mounted still is only showing a +1 modifier. It should be +2 for units on foot or mounted.
Also when I go to add any dragons for a high elf lord, the points are then added to the lords and heroes, basically doubling the points.

Thanks and keep up the great work guys!
Dragonrage5454 is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Tah Kazak Rik

Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:33 PM
Umm...Well when I was making a Wood Elf list, when I selected for the Wood Elf Highborn to have a Forest Dragon, it calculated in its (The Dragons) points for both Lords and Heros (essentially taking up a hero "slot"), so it showed 465 points for both catergories. It also did the same for Warriors of Chaos, and Dark Elves.

Also for Orcs and Goblins, it showed that the Obsidian Blade and Tricksy Trinket were both enchanted items, when the Obsidian Blade is a magic weapon. It did the same for Warrior of Chaos Lord with the Obsidian Blade and any enchanted item.
Tah Kazak Rik is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
gommo

Old July 24th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Just a suggestion. Why don't we move the 'official' ab file whilst in development to a project on github or bitbucket? These are free, version controlled environments meaning it will be much easier to collaborate. Bitbucket even has an issue tracker so people could log issues with the list

I'm happy to help setup if people would be interested. I am a software developer by trade but haven't actually made any ArmyBuilder files
gommo is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
LordNagash

Old July 24th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Small problem with Ogre kingdom or more likely Request.

As errata point mentions:

Page 69 – Heroes
Ignore the second paragraph in the sidebar. Add “In games of
500 points or less you are allowed to take a single Hero (with
any options he is allowed to take), even though his points value
will exceed the 25% point allowance for characters. However,
your army may not include any other characters.”

There maybe should be option for putting tag on that makes it legal to use at 500point games butcher or bruiser.

Also this same thing goes for Tomb Kings They are also allowed to use only 1 hierophant/general priest at 500point games as said in Errata
LordNagash is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
silks

Old July 24th, 2010, 03:29 AM
New version http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7OTYE2QU

• Fixed Warbanner cost for Woodelves
• Updated BRB Weapons
• Added new special rules
silks is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
fitz

Old July 24th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Cracking, good work chap.
fitz is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
squirrel_nutcase

Old July 24th, 2010, 04:27 AM
hmm...I must be the only one playing dwarfs then....as nothing has been done there yet.

Special characters are totally nerfed. And when I have more than a handful of characters it complains that I have too many.

Runes need updating as per the Errata.

Also, is there any answer to this question: Can Dwarfs access the common magic item list like everyone else can ? I sure hope so, as Dwarf runes are WAAAAAY overpriced.

If they can access the magic items, then again they are further nerfed as I cannot with this AB file.
squirrel_nutcase is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
fitz

Old July 24th, 2010, 04:51 AM
The description and effect Shield of Ptolos (magic armour) are incorrect. The data file lists it as giving +1 armour save vs shooting attacks. In fact, it should give a 1+ armour save vs shooting attacks. A subtle but important difference
fitz is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
Ragnoff

Old July 24th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Squirrel_nutcase.

Please understand these files are being done by 3 volunteers, none of us the authors of the original files, all of us having to teach ourselves HOW to even do some of the changes needed. 1 of the 3 was called away for a couple weeks leaving the 2 most inexperienced.

The way the files seem to be set up, the generic or multi army stuff MUST be done first or we do not even have the right options to fix some of the specific stuff... Additionally there are 3 editions worth of no-longer-used parts clogging up things and we are finding we may have to rip out and redo some of the structure to make it work correctly for 8th.

We are hopefully just getting to the army specific stuff now, and will start with the ones most likely to teach us what we need to do to fix ALL the armies. I want a fully working version, and intend to stay with it.

There are things people noticed when the FAQs first came out that have not even been looked at, the 8 lores that came out July 10th were only finished last night.

Patience grasshopper.

As we attempt to fix sections and post those sections (rather than waiting 3-4 months until we thought everything was correct) we greatly appreciate additional eyes looking for thing we missed and posting specifics. Check that patch notes each time to see what has been addressed, and if we have not yet gotten to Dwarfs perhaps look over what we HAVE gotten to and help find bugs.

My son plays Dwarfs, am am sure he wants me to fix them too!
Ragnoff is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
ThomasMatrim

Old July 24th, 2010, 06:00 AM
First thank you so much for all the hard work. I know this sort of thing isn't easy.

Second have there been any steps to have the 8e file recognized as its own wolf-lair file so that they would host it and push the updates out for you? and then get its own forum level so we could have multiple threads running?
ThomasMatrim is offline   #110 Reply With Quote