Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

jeramyd

Old March 17th, 2020, 05:20 PM
I purchased a patron level account and Starfinder license with the intent to share the license with my players. Two of the players purchased apprentice accounts and were able to join my campaign, but they cannot seem to level up their characters. Is there a guide or FAQ that details the process?
jeramyd is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 17th, 2020, 08:45 PM
At the bottom on the left, there should be a "Journal" tab when editing the character. Add a journal entry and assign some XP to it. Once the XP exceeds the proper threshold to go up a level, other areas of the character will go yellow and/or red to indicate there are validation issues associated with leveling up the character.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jeramyd

Old March 18th, 2020, 05:05 AM
Thanks Rob,
I had two of my players try this and one reported that when they added experience they received the message “Character update resulted in no changes (this is usually unexpected)”. The other reported that when they try to add a level they receive the message that they are in Demo mode, even though their account says they are an active Apprentice level account. Any thoughts on how to resolve that?

Last edited by jeramyd; March 18th, 2020 at 05:19 AM.
jeramyd is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 18th, 2020, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeramyd View Post
Thanks Rob,
I had two of my players try this and one reported that when they added experience they received the message “Character update resulted in no changes (this is usually unexpected)”. The other reported that when they try to add a level they receive the message that they are in Demo mode, even though their account says they are an active Apprentice level account. Any thoughts on how to resolve that?
Have your players tried logging out and logging in again, as well as refreshing the browser/clearing history?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jeramyd

Old March 18th, 2020, 06:43 AM
It looks like the resolution was to add a character to a scene - I may have missed that requirement when looking through the documentation.

Thank you and Rob for the support!!

Last edited by jeramyd; March 18th, 2020 at 07:04 AM.
jeramyd is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 18th, 2020, 11:02 AM
The behavior described above sounds wrong to me. There should not be a requirement to add a character to a scene. So something is "off". Can you please submit a bug report with this so we don't lose track of it and can get it resolved?
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Jeckman814

Old March 25th, 2020, 10:38 AM
Has there been any development on this? My friend group just started a campaign this weekend and we have a few apprentice accounts that can't seem to level up even after creating a new character within the Patron's campaign.
Jeckman814 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jonwithoutanh

Old March 25th, 2020, 11:11 AM
My group saw the same behavior as jeramyd.

I am a Patron level subscriber with Pathfinder 2e content purchased. Some Apprentice level folks have joined my campaign.

1. Under My Classes, they can't change the starting level for their characters - there is a message that says you can't do that in Demo mode.

2. Under Journal, if they try to add XP to their characters, it gives the "Character update resulted in no changes" message.

Adding them to a scene worked around issue #2 ... they were able to add XP to their characters, even after I resolved the scene. It didn't work around issue #1, though - the My Classes page still has the warning about Demo mode.
jonwithoutanh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Jeckman814

Old March 26th, 2020, 05:07 AM
We figured out the issue for our group. The Patron account wasn't sharing his content and once he did the Apprentice accounts were able to give ownership of their characters to the campaign and properly adjust our exp, etc.
Jeckman814 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 7th, 2020, 10:14 AM
Hi everybody, I just wanted to poke my head in here and thank you all for reaching out with your individual reports and for bringing this to our attention.

That default behavior has since been updated and Apprentice Accounts should automatically have the "Owned By : Campaign" setting enabled when adding their Characters to Campaigns with the Patron Content sharing enabled.

Ryan F is offline   #10 Reply With Quote