Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Vorgen

Old November 23rd, 2016, 07:02 PM
Hey guys, I've gotten into helping out with lutris development in that I submit games and write scripts to add to the Lutris library. And I've added Hero Lab.

For those who are unfamiliar, Lutris (https://lutris.net) is a linux-based program that is trying to become a universal game installer and launcher. No matter what your game's platform is, from native linux to WINE-required to emulators like the C64 or Amiga, Lutris is designed to automate the process of downloading and installing everything you need to play the game. Just install Lutris, create an account, then find a game in the library on the web site and click Install, and it will automatically install for you on your system.

I've managed to figure out how to use their scripting system a bit and added Hero Lab to the library. Its been approved, and works perfectly for me. You can see it here: https://lutris.net/games/hero-lab/

I previously ran Hero Lab through PlayOnLinux, but this way is more convenient. I recommend it to all linux users of Hero Lab.
Vorgen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old November 24th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Thank you for posting this.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old November 25th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Thanks. I always like to hear about running proprietary/closed source software on Linux. If I could get Acrobat Pro and LiveMeeting (ugh) to run reliably on Linux, I could dump all of my Windows VMs forever and never look back!
Azhrei is offline   #3 Reply With Quote