Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mr_Rose

Old January 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhakala View Post
Nope. When I click on runic weapon I just get a runic weapon selected with an unknown points cost ?.
Same thing with runic armour and with runic talismen.

It shows a checkbox for Magic Weapons and that opens when I check it but it then shows only Blade of Shining Death as an option.

It appears to be an AB issue, not a datafile issue.
Did you select the new child-unit called "runic weapon" that appears under your Lord when you add a runic weapon in the lord's options list, or did you just click on the runic weapon entry in the lord's options list again?

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Butsch

Old January 8th, 2011, 06:49 AM
I got the same problem when I try to open ArmyBuilder on my Vista 32 bits laptop but it works fine on my job computer, a Windows 7 64 bits laptop
Butsch is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Sam V.

Old January 12th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I still have the same problem with version 3.3a. When I try to open a roster, I receive a error message. Here is the error message:

ArmyBuilder.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

C:\Program Files\Army Builder\ArmyBuilder.exe
3.3a 237
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005a420c
Type: bad read
major: 5, minor: 1, build: 2600, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 3, spmaj: 3, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1

I would like to finally fix this problem.. Im using windows XP.
And.. sorry for my bad english.
Sam V. is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Hi Sam,

Please see this page for a solution to the problem: http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=userroot
Colen is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Jotne

Old January 31st, 2011, 11:57 AM
I get the same error message, the access violation thing. Guessing it's because of the username, since my name is Norwegian and contains one of them weird, foreign letters.

Anyway, when will this be fixed? I don't need AB right now, so I can't be arsed with the workaround solution, as long as there is an update coming in the near future. Kind of annoying not to be able to use the program because it can't create yet another pointless folder in My Documents that I will never use, though.

I suggest you get a more diverse group of beta testers next time - this isn't the first time I run into this problem, and it's bloody annoying to deal with this time and again because programmers keep forgetting that there are people who use more languages than just English. A product that has passed beta is supposed to work, without major flaws like crashing if your username isn't comfortable and non-threatening to native English speakers.
Jotne is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
paxmiles

Old February 4th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Was having issues with ab3.3a as well. My solution (after much internet surfing) was to install while the anti-virus was disabled. The file ab33a_install.exe was somehow creating something the anti-virus thought was a trojan which caused issues in the installation.

I'm curious if this will solve your problem, as I cannot seem to re-create the situation you have (my dwarf rune weapons are working perfectly, entire program seems to be running perfectly).

Note that I just had to disable it while it was installing, getting updates/game systems hasn't proved to be an issue with anti-virus running. I was installing the program that I downloaded from the web site, not upgrading with armybuilder.

I'm running webroot anti-virus with spy sweeper, and am caught wondering how other anti-virus programs would react to the same situation...
-Pax
paxmiles is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Jotne

Old February 7th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
ArmyBuilder.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details:

C:\Program Files\Army Builder\ArmyBuilder.exe
3.3a 237
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005a420c
Type: bad read
major: 5, minor: 1, build: 2600, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 3, spmaj: 3, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1

Or you can find them here:

C:\DOCUME~1\JRN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\lwderror3488.txt
That's after using your workaround (with several different folder names), which doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. Are you working on this, or am I stuck with making a separate user account for AB or reverting to 3.2? I'm not feeling the love here.
Jotne is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 7th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hi Jotne,

We are working on a fix to this issue, which should be in AB3.3b. The work-around with a different folder name has worked for everyone else so far - can you show us the "Target" line you entered? It's possible there's an error in there which is still allowing the problem to occur.
Colen is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Jotne

Old February 8th, 2011, 12:59 AM
Figured it out, there was a typo in the target line. Works now.
Jotne is offline   #29 Reply With Quote