Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Galahan

Old September 10th, 2014, 02:47 PM
I had this error message when I started the Realm Works software. I just clicked the icon of the the software and this error message appeared after a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lrp...ature=youtu.be

I previously reported that in the Bug Report Case 38682, and had the following answer:
Quote:
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 14:35:21 -0700
To: ***********
Subject: Re: (Case 38682) Realm Works bug report: Realm Works do load offline. Message says that the software cannot connect to server.

Hello Gustavo,
It looks like the error is caused by some unexpected behavior of your Eset software. It looks like it creates some sort of virtual network card and that card gets a new address, possibly every time you reboot. Realm Works uses the network card addresses as part of what it determines if you have changed hardware and thus requiring a request to our server to get an identifier to be used for offline use. Since this address keeps changing all of the time, Realm Works keeps thinking we need to get a new identifier.
I will need to discuss with some other developers on what we will do to address this. You may want to double-check that Eset is up-to-date, in case there are any updates that change this behavior. Also, you may want to see if there are any options in the software to use constant MAC addresses (the term for the address that is changing) instead of allowing the address to change all of the time.
Thanks,
--
David Paxson
Lone Wolf Development Support - support@wolflair.com
Well, my Eset is up-to-date and there is no option to the address change all the time. I had the same issue in my notebook where I use Avast Antivirus.

Well, stop using antivirus is not an option, so I got in touch again and received no answer.

So I went with new bug report (Case 46241) in 23-08-2014, without answer until now.

I now this is not the place, but I made this post in hope that I will receive some kind of answer at all.
Galahan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote